who would you pay £100 to go and see?

Guest russycarps

I wouldn't without a great deal of internal wrangling, but that's financial rather than on principal. If I had the money it would still have to be something special at a decent venue; I'd probably pay £100 to ensure I got a ticket for the Soundgarden gig coming up at Shepherds Bush. I doubt I'd spend that much for something at Wembley Arena or the O2.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that new york trip will be fabulous.

I wish I'd made a holiday around seeing leonard playing in Paris this tour..he played the l'olympia which has a capacity of 2000 or so, I saw footage from the gig and it looked incredible. Quite rare to see him in such intimate surroundings these days. I believe ticket prices were an eye watering 199EUR though!

judging by the way leonard skips on and off stage, I think the wheelchair is a long way off yet laugh.png

If we're talking resurrections, Joy Division and maybe Nirvana. Can't think of any gigs that could actually happen that I'd pay £100 for - I've never paid more than £35 for one, and I've seen all of my top 10 favourite bands (mostly more than once) except Radiohead. Fingers crossed that one will be ticked off at Glasto 2013 :).

For me (assuming we're talking live musicians!) it could only really be something like a Pink Floyd or Led Zep reunion. For current bands the only I can immediately think of would be something really special e.g. Mars Volta in a tiny venue playing Deloused in its entirety, or Radiohead with OK Computer... If resurrections are allowed then the list gets considerably longer...

I've never paid anywhere near that for a single gig, but the one that immediately springs to mind that would have been worth that was a Super Furries gig at Royal Festival Hall, which included several sets (3?), additional bands, and lots of random non-musical fun stuff.

What a great question! I am lucky enough to have seen most of the acts you are mentioning so there is little tempting me. Think that a reformed Pink Floyd or Genesis may tempt me but one that definitely would would be Joni Mitchell - oh to hear her sing live again!

i paid £ 825 for my Zeppelin reunion ticket (best money ever spent), but that was to fullfil a lifelong ambition and a unique chance to see the best band ever in action (well 3/4 of it plus the only possible substitute drummer).

Other than that it would have to be original line ups (as far as possible) of Floyd, Sabbath, Cream, Mountain etc to warrant anything in the 100+ region. Stuff like the Stones now makes me vomit. Greedy fuckers

I think, but I can't remember exactly, that I paid 160 euros or so for tickets to Leonard Cohen in a smallish venue in Vienna. That's the thing, isn't it? lot of money, but a few years later you remember the gig, not how much the tickets were. Mind, that's different for 400 notes for the stones at the o2, that's just taking the piss.