Electric Picnic 2013

Guest pothead pixie

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Not sure if I could trust them to pull something good off with all the fighting and talk of slashing the budget. There was transcripts from the court case in the Sunday Times but it is a Murdoch paywall so can't link but it really sounds like a mess. The quality of the webpage they put up doesn't ease those fears and they've had to start new twitter and Facebook accounts as the passwords for the old ones were held by the original director. They'll have to pull out all the stops tomorrow and address concerns rather than pretending they don't exist to regain my trust.

Wow I had no idea about any of that. Sounds like the original owner sold his soul to the devil and now has realised that he doesn't like the terms. If FR booking bigger, more commercial bands (which are presumably more expensive) is causing financial problems then I can understand his point, if he's just pissed that FR are having to book those type of bands to sell tickets or capture those bands for multi-festival deals and it's taking the festival in a different direction that he wanted then he needs to man-up and realise that's what happens when you sell a majority stake in your festival to a major corporate festival promoter.

Has the festival been struggling to sell out in recent years?

Think 2008 was the last time it sold out in advance. They've always made it sound like they've only had a few tickets left in any announcements regards tickets on sale at the door of the event after that but I'd imagine that was nonsense based on the reports of losses that came out in the court proceedings.

• 1 month later...