Word Association Game

FALLING

I saw Tom Petty on the only occasion I went to the Isle of Wight Festival.  He was superb but was just about the only saving grace of the festival.  Horrendous, corporate and rain sodden.

But worth enjoying Tom with the Travelling Wilburys too.  Quite a collection of Grumpy's Gonners.

BIRD

Not the original but a tribute band.  The Classic Rock Show, a spin off from Aussie Pink Floyd and Brit Floyd, is one of the few outstanding tribute acts worth catching.

I saw the Alarm at Glastonbury in 2016 and it was the day after the Brexit referendum and Mike said something like "on this our independence day". Went down like a lead balloon. 

Anyway as a link

WAKE

BEANS on (or) TOAST

An electric storm threatened Glastonbury and all power was switched off to the main stages but this guy kept going

Edited by grumpyhack

MY

The original Animals line up with, arguably, one of the most significant figures in rock music Chas Chandler on bass.  Chas saw Jimi Hendrix perform in the States, brought him to the UK, recruited the other members of The Experience and managed and financed the start of Jimi's career.  He also managed Slade.

FURRY 

People (including my wife who I first met the weekend before) were always surprised I didn't go and see Radiohead on the Saturday of my 1st Glastonbury in 2003 and opted for these guys instead. I'm glad I did as thought they were ace. 

BELIEVER

Lovely to have you joining in @Wellyboot.  A Neil Diamond song.  And a silly quiz question: The Monkees lead singer, playing tambourine on this track, shared his name with the real name of what iconic performer?

Edited by grumpyhack