Kendal Calling 2013

Guest ramragon

Lippy, when you saw ausustines play last year did you have the same supports, a fop haired piano playing Chris Martin wannabe playing the piano who's just won some award and a rock band with a female singer called Findlay ? She started by singing a blues song on her own. They were excellent as a support band and id quite happily go an see them again.

• Replies 900
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lippy, when you saw ausustines play last year did you have the same supports, a fop haired piano playing Chris Martin wannabe playing the piano who's just won some award and a rock band with a female singer called Findlay ? She started by singing a blues song on her own. They were excellent as a support band and id quite happily go an see them again.

I always thought it would be a good idea to get comedians to festivals but I've never once taken an opportunity to see one when I've been at a festival, bands an chilling always seemed to take priority over catching them !

New years over and works back on track so hopefully we should see some movement on the festival planning and announcements, solfest put they're first one out today to remind people they're about and on this year, think a KC one will be a few weeks but it'll be on its way.

Hearing rumours again that Franz Ferdinand for Wickerman (although heard the same last year probably due to Alex playing a solo slot the year before) Would make a lot of sense for KC and Wickerman to share over the weekend seeing he distances are so short. Miss you this year - going back to Wickerman although new baby boy on the way 6 weeks before so better start racking up the brownie points. Have said I'd take my daughter though as an initial peace offering to the high priestess. Steve - your new bairn not here yet?

Stereophonics have just announced a 10 date (March) 'mini' tour to promote their new album, with some bigger venues to be announced for later in the year (no idea when those will be announced)...whether or not the Kendal budget will stretch to them is another question...given they've been 'away' for a bit, maybe their pay demands aren't as great as they were a few years ago.