Kendal Calling 2013

Guest ramragon

• Replies 900
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he's snowed in an stuck in his woodshed Mick, surviving on yellow snow cos 'its more tastier than the white stuff' has addled his brain, he'll emerge in a week's time reluctant to share the story and merely claiming his dramatic weight loss is down to some wonder diet his missus put him on.

It you do read this, Andy please don't book any 80s revival shite ! There was some decent 80s stuff but wasn't produced by stock aitkin an waterman.

Get back to your yellow snow diet and I hope the thaws soon

I think he's snowed in an stuck in his woodshed Mick, surviving on yellow snow cos 'its more tastier than the white stuff' has addled his brain, he'll emerge in a week's time reluctant to share the story and merely claiming his dramatic weight loss is down to some wonder diet his missus put him on.

It you do read this, Andy please don't book any 80s revival shite ! There was some decent 80s stuff but wasn't produced by stock aitkin an waterman.

Get back to your yellow snow diet and I hope the thaws soon

Thanks been reading the thread for last 2 years but finally worked out i hadnt validated my log in details and that was why i couldnt post comments This years going to be my 4th consecutive kendal calling. Vintage trouble have probably been my fav act over the last few years so im hoping they're back and back on the main stage. Im hoping for the manics to headline sunday too

The editors have fallen from grace a bit in the last few years though, not sure if they'll be seen as headliner material anymore, certainly no bigger than the view or feeder ,both of which were lower on the card, admittedly the view were probably on at 5pm cos if they appeared much later they'd have been mortal drunk !

Ok pop pickers!

Rewind scotland takes place same weekend as KC

http://www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals/80srewind/2013scotland/]http://www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals/80srewind/2013scotland/

which act could you put up with from that line up?

im going soul 2 soul and rick astley oh and maybe sonia !

Edited by ramragon

I agree with the above comment,Editors would be 4th/5th down on the Main Stage,caught them at V a few years ago and have to say that they were pretty dire,it was like they were'nt interested and didn't seem to be enjoying themselves which was a pity as they have some pretty catchy songs,not long to wait now for the first announcement until then it's a guessing game.

The editors have fallen from grace a bit in the last few years though, not sure if they'll be seen as headliner material anymore, certainly no bigger than the view or feeder ,both of which were lower on the card, admittedly the view were probably on at 5pm cos if they appeared much later they'd have been mortal drunk !

Hi, first time posting but I've been reading because I'm interested to see who people expect to play Kendal this year.

I went last year and I thought all it was missing was a decent Friday headliner (Maximo Park were average at best)

I think/hope Courteeners will headline Friday night, and Primal Scream on the Sunday night.

And I'd like to see some of these on the lineup over the weekend,

Findlay, she's up and coming and would be decent I think

I expect Jake Bugg to be on there at some point

Janice Graham Band, they'd smash a festival like Kendal

The Charlatans, I think they'll be on there somewhere with Tim Burgess' cafe and that

I'd love to see Twisted Wheel play again, I've seen them a few times but doubt it because they played last year

Danny Mahon on one of the smaller stages

White Lies

And is Johnny Marr too much to ask?

As you can see, I don't want much

Hi, first time posting but I've been reading because I'm interested to see who people expect to play Kendal this year.

I went last year and I thought all it was missing was a decent Friday headliner (Maximo Park were average at best)

I think/hope Courteeners will headline Friday night, and Primal Scream on the Sunday night.

And I'd like to see some of these on the lineup over the weekend,

Findlay, she's up and coming and would be decent I think

I expect Jake Bugg to be on there at some point

Janice Graham Band, they'd smash a festival like Kendal

The Charlatans, I think they'll be on there somewhere with Tim Burgess' cafe and that

I'd love to see Twisted Wheel play again, I've seen them a few times but doubt it because they played last year

Danny Mahon on one of the smaller stages

White Lies

And is Johnny Marr too much to ask?

As you can see, I don't want much

The Wind-Up Birds will probably have a new album out by then. Hopefully they'll be a) at Kendal B) playing somewhere a bit smaller, a bit later, in a tent and c) it'll be pissing down so the tent will be rammed. So far the twice they've played the suns come out 10 minutes before they've come on. Actually, Jacko you'd love them...they ensure the sun will come out when they play...maybe they should do a 4 day set in a tent to guarantee the weather

Genuinely mystifys me that they ain't massive. Just goes to show, people don't know shit!

Anyhoooo....announcement in Feb! So best case scenario we find sommat out in 6 days, worst case 34 days...

Hi

This will be my 4th year at Kendal. I hope they get it back on track after last year’s failings. For me 2011 was the best year. The whole vibe and atmosphere was so much friendlier than last year.

Anyway, I’m going back again. Here are my guesses for this year. Most I like, some I don’t, but I think they’d all be a good crack at a festival like Kendal.

Headliners

Frank Turner

Example/Rizzle Kicks - (Not really a fan of either but my daughter loves both)

Primal Scream/New Order

Others

Ocean Colour Scene, The Beat, Big Country - (Saw them at V in 2011 and was surprised at how much I enjoyed them even though I was never a fan), Billy Bragg, Cast (Agree with others on here, they’d be good), Jake Bugg, Courteeners, Human League, Happy Mondays, Stranglers, Jim Lockey & the Solemn Sun, Dreadzone (but on the main stage this year), Ting Tings if they do stuff from first album, Crowns (Not The Crowns), Dr meaker. Saw these last two at Beautiful Days last year. Both put on a good show and were a bit different. And so many more.

I’m sure the KC team will get it right, I’ve not been disappointed by the line up yet.

I definitely don’t want to see; Lancashire Hotpots, Kaiser Chiefs or Chase & F***ing Status.

Hi all,

First time posting on the KC forum

With TITP looking as pish as last year!! There is a rather large group of us looking to travel down the M74 to Kendal Calling this year.

Quick question. How long till it sells out? Are we talking hours or days?

Thanks in advance

Hello, last few years its taken about 3 months to sell out fully, tickets tend to go on salein fFebruary and its usually around may they sell out, if you want premium camping or campervan then they're likely to sell out in the first few hours of going on sale. Its almost certain to sell out a few months before the festival, suppose it depends on the initial line up announcement how quick that will be.

I would expect they'll do similar to last year and announce around 25 bands from accross the various stages on ticket release day as a tempter

Hope that helps, anything else just ask