Kendal Calling 2013

Guest ramragon

• Replies 900
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember one of the organisers said they'd like the Flaming Lips to headline eventually but it would probably be a couple of years. They've got a new album out in April. Last 3 albums have been pretty poor (personally don't think they've released anything great since 'At War With The Mystics').

Think their live show would fit in really well with Kendal, especially on the Saturday dressing up day.

You know what...I think in the last 44 pages we've mentioned pretty much every bloody band in existence so law of averages we must have got most of the line-up already

Hi

This will be my 4th year at Kendal. I hope they get it back on track after last year’s failings. For me 2011 was the best year. The whole vibe and atmosphere was so much friendlier than last year.

Anyway, I’m going back again. Here are my guesses for this year. Most I like, some I don’t, but I think they’d all be a good crack at a festival like Kendal.

Headliners

Frank Turner

Example/Rizzle Kicks - (Not really a fan of either but my daughter loves both)

Primal Scream/New Order

Others

Ocean Colour Scene, The Beat, Big Country - (Saw them at V in 2011 and was surprised at how much I enjoyed them even though I was never a fan), Billy Bragg, Cast (Agree with others on here, they’d be good), Jake Bugg, Courteeners, Human League, Happy Mondays, Stranglers, Jim Lockey & the Solemn Sun, Dreadzone (but on the main stage this year), Ting Tings if they do stuff from first album, Crowns (Not The Crowns), Dr meaker. Saw these last two at Beautiful Days last year. Both put on a good show and were a bit different. And so many more.

I’m sure the KC team will get it right, I’ve not been disappointed by the line up yet.

I definitely don’t want to see; Lancashire Hotpots, Kaiser Chiefs or Chase & F***ing Status.

Hi all,

First time posting on the KC forum

With TITP looking as pish as last year!! There is a rather large group of us looking to travel down the M74 to Kendal Calling this year.

Quick question. How long till it sells out? Are we talking hours or days?

Thanks in advance