WHAT HEADLINERS ARE YOU SEEING?

Guest jump

WHAT HEADLIENRS ARE YOU SEEING  

151 members have voted

1. 1. FRI READING/SAT LEEDS

2. 2. SAT READING/SUN LEEDS

3. 3. SUN READING/FRI LEEDS

Intresting I was expecting The Maccabees to be a little bit closer to The Cure.

Im not going to watch The Cure, as stated before, they were before my time. However At The Drive In have given Kasabian a run for there money which has suprised me greatly.

The Maccabees are the band of the festival for me, I love an NME headliner!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seen the Maccabees a few times already, and as pointed out the Cure are not to be missed so I shall be there - so long as they do Inbetween Days I shall be a happy bunny (and obviously I want loads of other stuff too, but that in particular). Was slightly torn between Kasabian and At The Drive-In (although leaning towards the latter), but then I watched Kasabian on the TV from T In The Park and wasn't particularly impressed so that made my mind up. Then obviously Foos on Sunday :D.

Im not going to watch The Cure, as stated before, they were before my time. However At The Drive In have given Kasabian a run for there money which has suprised me greatly.

I saw both at Bestival last year. The Cure were better.

Actually, that does them a disservice. The Cure were stunning, The Maccabees were your average "indie" band. Nowt wrong with them, but The Cure were blisteringly good. There's a reason I'm going to Reading this year, and it's The Cure. Anyone with any hint of desire to see The Cure should go for them, not only are they a legendary act with all the rare chance etc. etc., but they're brilliant live, truly brilliant. I've got bias goggles on I admit it, but they are a wonderful live act who blast out over 2 hours of hits. The Maccabees by contrast, are just another band, and one that will be playing regularly for years.

Just wondering how often other people sacrifice seeing an act that they prefer in order to see someone that they may not get chance to see again.

Only time I can think I've done this was last year when I watched The Streets rather than Elbow because it was one of their last shows.