TITP forum?

Guest alwaysh0pingxo

I really do hope that it comes back.

As I said before, I enjoyed coming back to read the thoughts on the forum on everything, and it let me see if the people who attended thought the same as me and the rest of the staff in my role.

It seems that you've been trying to police it yourself and it becomes a bit of a heavy task. Some forum specific mods who could be trusted would definately be the way forward, even if just in the interim.

That and, I am not involved with other festivals! T is my only festival and I quite like visiting this site for news and thoughts on T year round. If there's no forum for it, it loses that usefulness for me, which is a shame!

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was my 9th T and I actually had a really good year. I agree it's been going downhill but with it only being an hour up the road, I feel I can't stop going.

About an hour after pitching on the Friday, my tent died on me. It's done 5 T's, 3 Glastonbury's and a Rockness and it lost the will to go on. The poles snapped and went right through the canvas. We were beside a really neddy crowd of lads who instantly ran over to try and help. One of them hauled the laces out his shoes and tried to tie my tent back together. I pointed out that his shoes wouldn't stay on and he went "ah it's alright, i always lose my shoes anyway at T!". My tent couldn't be saved, but I appreciated the effort.

Lineup wasn't anything spectacular but I saw some new bands I hadn't heard and had a really good time music wise.

Quite a few improvements for T this year. They seem to have scrapped getting tickets scanned into the arena every time? They're far more lax with bag searches as well, we didn't get checked once, which was nice not getting your water bottle binned every day!

AND, they've eliminated the walk of death between arena and campsite!

The mud was unfortunate but if you've got a good pair of wellies, it's not the end of the world. We got a bit cold and wet on the Saturday night but powered through and really had an excellent weekend.

The only thing that really bothered me this year was there was a couple of areas where you could hear the sound from 3 stages at once (NME, Main, T Break & Transmissions, Introducing and Main).

Fair enough.

But, why the resistance in having a short term police to help root out the idiots and make the forum a good place to discuss the festival?

I work in the medical side of things at T, and I usually enjoy reading the forum to see if patrons thoughts reflect that of our staff, that and I like to see if anyone makes comments about the work of the medical function, as this helps a little when it comes to debriefs.

It seems really sad that you're removing a reason for a good number of visitors to this site.

Either people are making half these stories up or else I was at a different festival, I seen one incident of trouble and it was quickly stopped before anything started. I thought it was an excellent weekend again even with the horrendous weather, The stone Roses, Noel Gallagher, Chase and Status and Swedish House Mafia were top notch. The mud though was a struggle at the best of times.

I must say though I thought the behaviour of the crowd this year was better than recent years, the whole place seemed to be up for a good time and as I said before I didn't see much trouble apart from one incident, it was a lot easier to get in and everything seemed more accessible due to the change in layout...the subset strip area was a great idea.

A lot of people on here though need to man up, its nowhere near as bad as half you women are making out.

Fair enough.

But, why the resistance in having a short term police to help root out the idiots and make the forum a good place to discuss the festival?

I work in the medical side of things at T, and I usually enjoy reading the forum to see if patrons thoughts reflect that of our staff, that and I like to see if anyone makes comments about the work of the medical function, as this helps a little when it comes to debriefs.

It seems really sad that you're removing a reason for a good number of visitors to this site.

because doing that would not be short term.

then why not suggest to T themselves that they start a forum? Oh, hang on... :lol::lol:

which, if you were to join up the dots of those words into a full concept, should bring home to you just how worthless I think it is to run a T forum here from now on. ;)

you mean like the ironing of T selling out and it having absolutely stonking sized crowds for the pop shite that you said no one would go and see? :lol:

Are you choking on those words of yours, or are you pretending you were saying something entirely different? :lol:

Just out of interest does anyone know how the £50 deposit for next year is going to work?

Totally goes against my better judgement buying a pre-sale, but buying tickets for a firend (who will pay me up slowly :startle: )

I am hoping that it will be the lineup of next year being T20 & all.

Edited by stu150

Sad to see the forum go. Yes there were increasing numbers of idiots posting nonsense, but there was also plenty of people having fun and helping people who hadn't been to the festival before. Understand why it's been removed, just a shame.

My experience of T this year was very good. We camped with a few of our mates and were cracking in to the beers by 4 on Thursday. I even managed to get sunburnt! Hearing Feeder had pulled out was the worst news I heard all weekend :(

Friday felt like it had more to give. The Darkness were a good laugh, but their levels seemed off. Kaiser Chiefs were on top form. Pulled Apart By Horses nailed it. Tinie Tempah was rubbish I must say, we left after 20 minutes and spent the night chatting with people in the campsite.

I didn't find the mud too bad to deal with on Saturday, wellies are man's best friend. I thought Two Door Cinema Club were brilliant, I can see them headlining in a few albums time. Went to see Calvin Harris on a whim as I don't get the whole Stone Roses thing. I now see why he has played so many times, the place was electric! Also, Woodenbox at BBC Introducing were fantastic, so glad I managed to catch them.

Sunday was a bit tiring, the mud had worn me out by this point. I was disappointed with Twin Atlantic and Chase & Status, I've seen them both before; but something was off. Twin aren't ready for the main stage, and the crowd for Chase & Status was full of neds, at least where were. Completely killed the set for me. I should have seen The Enemy instead. Elbow were beautiful though, Bombay Bicycle Club, Miles Kane and Kasabian killed it. So much so that my friends and I ended up taps aff for the encore. Screw the rain!

Bit of a pain getting out the car park on Monday morning. Did anyone happen to see us act out the Fenton youtube video?

Not the best TITP I've been to, but good fun none the less. I hope next year it manages to lay off some of the fears people have of it after bad experiences they had this year. I'll be heading back, trusting that the 20th anniversary will produce a tremendous line up.

My friends and I all agreed that the crowds seemed smaller this year, and less enthused. Perhaps that's because we weren't usually at the poppy acts.

Massive story over.

Edited by harryomatic

I am hoping that it will be the lineup of next year being T20 & all.

It makers me laugh that people are believing that because next year is the 20th that T will do something special becauise of that.

Because of course the reverse idea to that would be T deliberately giving a worse line-up than it could deliver in other years - which is a ridiculous idea. Any fest is always trying to deliver the best line-up it is able to manage (tho of course a punter's view of whether it's succeeded with that or not is something else).

T will do what it's always done next year, and that's book the best it feels it can book.

Having said all of that, it is by the laws of averages likely to be better next year to some degree, because there's a shortage of top-notch acts available to every fest this year - meaning that things should return to something around normal next year.

It makers me laugh that people are believing that because next year is the 20th that T will do something special becauise of that.

Because of course the reverse idea to that would be T deliberately giving a worse line-up than it could deliver in other years - which is a ridiculous idea. Any fest is always trying to deliver the best line-up it is able to manage (tho of course a punter's view of whether it's succeeded with that or not is something else).

T will do what it's always done next year, and that's book the best it feels it can book.

Having said all of that, it is by the laws of averages likely to be better next year to some degree, because there's a shortage of top-notch acts available to every fest this year - meaning that things should return to something around normal next year.

T in the Park is the worst festival I've been to so far, I'd be surprised if there is a worse festival in the UK.

It just has a horrible atmosphere. There's far too many people who have no interest in music or festivals and their idea of fun is to go around starting fights, shouting abuse at people and basically trying to ruin the experience for every one else.

The 20th TITP next year will probably be headlined by Snow Patrol, The Killers and Kasabian and I'm sure Geoff will say afterwards that it was "the best T in the Park ever."

My own experience from this year was overall pretty good. As a day tripper the site changes gave us a bit of a walk of death from the entrance/exit that wasn't ideal. Felt like there was less bar areas and toilets also.

Bag searching was far more relaxed, walked in on the Sunday with drink in my hand without being challenged.

Can't complain about the lineup, no wow factor but still plenty to see that meant hardly had a gap all weekend and some storming sets played by the people I did see.

No point on commenting too much on the mud, king tuts isn't in an ideal place to cope with flooding but they did their best to make it better for the Sunday.

Didn't see any idiot behaviour either.

Sold out my arse. I arrived later this year to a near empty car park. I was able to get from the bar to the front for every single band easily but that may be because I didn't go see any of that "pop pish ". Had people been able to sit around on the grass and watch bands it would have felt even emptier. I was absent for most of the run up to the forum being deleted so I don't know what it was all about. I suspect that it was some kind of backlash to the stage splits pics being deleted? As it happened, those that saw them say they were spot on. You've got to laugh when the delay was all down to "finishing touches" yet the official programs still had that Babyshambles druggie on them despite him cancelling ages ago. The irony comments had nothing to do with any of that however, it was more to do with the moderating style bringing about half the problems encountered.

I have to admit the combination of weather, trekking through mud and just an absolute ton of Scottish idiots had me feeling a bit fed up come Sunday night at T this year.

I can't really put it down to one particular thing but people shitting into bags and throwing them around the campsite at each other, also people throwing glass bottles into the distance in the campsite was also quite scary. I witnessed drunk kids on several occasions running round kicking people's tents down into the mud just for the hell of it.

Then we have the weather, it pissed it down so badly on the Saturday I couldn't even drink my pint cause it was filling up with rain water quicker than I could drink it. The mud was just hard to believe, it was up to 3-4ft deep in some places, people were kicking it up into the air on to random people. I also seen loads of people scooping up mud into empty pint glasses and throwing them in the crowd. One particular highlight of this behavior was when somebody threw a pint at Ben Howard half way into his set, it smacked right off the side of his face...disgraceful.

I know a lot of this can be common festival behavior when you mix young people and drink/drugs together so perhaps at 32 I'm just getting too old for festivals now??? I just felt T was a bit of a safety hazard and it would take a very special lineup to make me want to go back.

P.s sorry to hear about the story of the guy who got punched, from what I seen this weekend I'm sad to say you were probably one of many rather than you being in the minority like most festivals

Ah well, I've seen one fight that was split up within 5 seconds in two years of going to T, if I go on a night out I see on average about 4 per night, not bad when you consider there is 85,000 people at T mostly on drink and some on drugs.

I've never had abuse shouted at me either, I think you definitely need to man up a tad.

It was an ok Titp,but will need to be a hell of a line up for me to go back.

Been 12 times since 1999 - barring the weather which was outwith the control of the organisers, there was a few good and bad things.

Lineup was poor,tho found enough to fill Friday and Saturday. Left after Bombay bicycle club on the Sunday, but that's down to personal taste.

Was easier to get in from the campsite, only getting ticket scanned once made sense,and any bag searches were quick and pain free. It was bad on the Sunday getting into the campsite - queued for ages as the scanners weren't working,and then the security were quite rude - pulling at our wrist bands to see if they would come off. I presume people were giving them away outside,tho i don't see the problem if you have the band and the ticket.

The sunset strip was a good idea ruined by the weather. Healthy t was good, especially the seating.

Mood of crowd - if im being honest,it was no where as bad as I've seen before. Maybe it was the bands i was seeing,but i expected it to be worse.

However,all in at 200 a ticket, £4 a pint, and all the other costs involved, its getting too steep. If its a stonking line up will think about it,but i can see myself doing latitude or going to Europe instead.

You going around insulting everyone on the forum like that and you are surprised when people have a go back at you?

if some people act like a single celled moron I'm not going to shy away from saying it like it is.

If those people don't want to be thought of as morons they need to stop acting like morons.

You're running a forum on festivals, you now do not a forum for the second biggest forum, the loss ain't yours?

nope, it's not. It's a VERY big win for me.

The fact that you think different only gets to show your lack of understanding.

The fact that you and others keep on moaning about my choice gets to show who the losers are. :)

Just a note on the crowd size: there were clearly a lot less people this year. I'm sure the official version will contradict that but it seemed obvious to me and others that I spoke to that the place was quiet, in comparison to previous years. That said, seems like the pop acts were pulling some of the biggest crowds. I doubt that will go unnoticed with the organizers.