TITP forum?

Guest alwaysh0pingxo

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would also like to see the t in the park forum back it's a shame to see the minority spoiling it for the rest of us and seeing as I was looking forward to discussing so much about the weekend with others, I'm finding it quite frustrating that the forum has been taken down. Why can't we just do what they do on any other Internet forum and have it moded by a number of people and just ban the idiots who are trolling??

why not bring it back and leave it in the hands of a crowd of us who enjoy TITP?

might sound a bit bad but the ones acting a bit dickish about efest's cant use the scottish argument if its run by half a dozen festival regulars

id throw my hat in the ring and raise an iron fist :pogranichnik:

If the mod/police idea was ever put forward I'd consider it too, previously assisted with the shortlived Tennents Mutual project.

Hmm, the deposit scheme does make it slightly tempting, I'll give them that, is there any detail of how it has to be paid out, like over a few months?

Deleted forum...? :D deary me!

1st time at T and mixed feelings about it really!

Campsite at around 8 on thursday was chaos. Couldn't find any space atall after walking round most of the areas until then finally decided to open one of the red sites.

Atmosphere didn't seem to be as good as I expected but think that was down to where we were pitched.

Rain on Saturday was terrible. Never seen a festival like it, arena was underwater took too long to travel between bands.

Saw some good music though and had a great time overall, would take a big lineup to get me there next year though.

The music was superb at T this year, as mentioned before travelling between stages through the swamp like mud was a bit of a mission.

We arrived on Thursday at around 1pm, got camped up by 5ish and had a great time in our group of around 20 mates on Thursday and Friday. However things turned nasty on Saturday morning. I was punch by one of the lads camped next to us, he split my lip. He was off his face on pills. By the time I returned from 1st aid and giving a statement to the police he had crushed my friends(a couple) tent whilst they were still asleep in it. When they managed to get out of their crushed tent the guy punched my mate in the face to. They didn't report them, they just went home, their weekend ruined by 1 person.

The police wanted to charge him but nobody witnessed him hit me. He could of made a counter-claim against me and I would of been ejected from the campsite to.

Later that day another 3 of my friends left because of that 1 guy. I stayed till after Kasabian on Sunday night then left. Leaving the north car park was a nightmare.

My tent survived its 5th festival although me and my mates have serious doubts to whether we will return. It'll take an amazing line-up for me to go back.

Highlights for me were- The Stone Roses, NGHFB's, The Vaccines, New Order, Shed 7, The Enemy, Happy Mondays, Kasabian, Elbow, SHM.

Edited by djg1984

The music was superb at T this year, as mentioned before travelling between stages through the swamp like mud was a bit of a mission.

We arrived on Thursday at around 1pm, got camped up by 5ish and had a great time in our group of around 20 mates on Thursday and Friday. However things turned nasty on Saturday morning. I was punch by one of the lads camped next to us, he split my lip. He was off his face on pills. By the time I returned from 1st aid and giving a statement to the police he had crushed my friends(a couple) tent whilst they were still asleep in it. When they managed to get out of their crushed tent the guy punched my mate in the face to. They didn't report them, they just went home, their weekend ruined by 1 person.

The police wanted to charge him but nobody witnessed him hit me. He could of made a counter-claim against me and I would of been ejected from the campsite to.

Later that day another 3 of my friends left because of that 1 guy. I stayed till after Kasabian on Sunday night then left. Leaving the north car park was a nightmare.

My tent survived its 5th festival although me and my mates have serious doubts to whether we will return. It'll take an amazing line-up for me to go back.

Highlights for me were- The Stone Roses, NGHFB's, The Vaccines, New Order, Shed 7, The Enemy, Happy Mondays, Kasabian, Elbow, SHM.

You clearly had a mare, its easy for me to say but you shouldn't judge a festival based on the actions of a single twat. There are twats at every festival and in any city or town across the country. In fact there are a lot more twats in any city centre at weekendd than you will ever find at any festival

Don't let your bad experience stop you from gong back, it seems you would have had a fantastic time had I'd not been from the car park, presumably because of the mud, and one compete and utter tit.

Remember there are tens of thousands of people there, you were just unluckily. 99.9% of festival punters are the nicest people you will ever meet

Peace

I have to admit the combination of weather, trekking through mud and just an absolute ton of Scottish idiots had me feeling a bit fed up come Sunday night at T this year.

I can't really put it down to one particular thing but people shitting into bags and throwing them around the campsite at each other, also people throwing glass bottles into the distance in the campsite was also quite scary. I witnessed drunk kids on several occasions running round kicking people's tents down into the mud just for the hell of it.

Then we have the weather, it pissed it down so badly on the Saturday I couldn't even drink my pint cause it was filling up with rain water quicker than I could drink it. The mud was just hard to believe, it was up to 3-4ft deep in some places, people were kicking it up into the air on to random people. I also seen loads of people scooping up mud into empty pint glasses and throwing them in the crowd. One particular highlight of this behavior was when somebody threw a pint at Ben Howard half way into his set, it smacked right off the side of his face...disgraceful.

I know a lot of this can be common festival behavior when you mix young people and drink/drugs together so perhaps at 32 I'm just getting too old for festivals now??? I just felt T was a bit of a safety hazard and it would take a very special lineup to make me want to go back.

P.s sorry to hear about the story of the guy who got punched, from what I seen this weekend I'm sad to say you were probably one of many rather than you being in the minority like most festivals

Why not appoint some forum specific mods/police? There are lots of people who would gladly do it, and would be very capable.

I'm disappointed to see it gone. Having just finished a long few days working at T, I like to look back and see if any one is saying anything about the function which I work in. (that and other criticisims to see if our thoughts reflect that of the patrons).

Such a shame.