TITP forum?

Guest alwaysh0pingxo

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sadly, it seems that way. Its the 1st trouble my friends and I have run into at TITP, we have been going down as a group for the last few years and always had a great time. It seems there is more trouble every year, whether its just got too big or just under policed, its sad as i have always looked forward to TITP each year.

The weather didn't do us any favours but mud i can cope with, idiots that only go to cause trouble make me not want go back and that is a shame for all the good people who go to these festivals for a good weekend with friends and superb live music.

Sadly, it seems that way. Its the 1st trouble my friends and I have run into at TITP, we have been going down as a group for the last few years and always had a great time. It seems there is more trouble every year, whether its just got too big or just under policed, its sad as i have always looked forward to TITP each year.

The weather didn't do us any favours but mud i can cope with, idiots that only go to cause trouble make me not want go back and that is a shame for all the good people who go to these festivals for a good weekend with friends and superb live music.

We are considering going back in a campervan, we'd still have same banter as a group but in the safety of a campervan, some of the guys are wanting to go to Rockness next year instead though.

It remains to be seen what we'll do, i won't be buying an early bird ticket but if a strong line-up is announced i will want to go back.

I was saddened when my some of my mates left early because of 1 idiot, I however had no intentions of leaving early, although i left on sunday night instead of monday morning. That was more down to weather and the state of our campsite by that time, me and my remaining mates seen all the bands we wanted to see so it was good getting home to a hot bath and a comfy bed.

place was brimming with arseholes as per usual. getting shouted at with, 'haw you ya fucking cripple' just because I had a pair of crutches on me was a real nice touch totally befitting of the kind of clientele that the place attracts each year. overpriced shitehole full of pricks. bit like Monaco.

a bit of a shame that the T forum was wiped by Neil but it hasnt stopped him advertising next years T fest.

I see he does`nt hate Scottish bank notes eh

It's a shame that the T Forum has gone but much more of a shame that the racism of morons is still around here.

But for you ..... bye!

I agree that T has changed for the worse the past few years. I missed last year and really noticed a difference in the atmosphere this time round, perhaps that is to do with the weather.

Sad to hear of all the thuggish ned behaviour, I only ever camp from the Friday as we get to the less neddy camping colours. We have never had any problems with our neighbours, this year was no exception, great group of lads around us. I will say that the campsite appeared far more crushed this year, even at the back of yellow we could not use all our guy ropes - fun in the wind and rain! I was shocked at the lack of facilities and the state of those availible. In the campsite we had a half hour round trip to the toilets which were not even in our colour. Rediculous! I will not even mention the state of them, it is only a matter of time till T ends up with a law suit. Same goes for the arena, seriously lacking in facilities.

The rain was predicted all week, surely to lay some metal sheeting in the car park would not have been that difficult! I got out no problem (thanks land rover!) however I feel sorry for those waiting for hours to be towed by tractors - completely avoidable! Again same goes for the arena, surely there was something that could have been done before the rain started? Hay, wood chip, shale, anything! The same site is used every year, surely they can invest a little in better drainage.

I felt the line up was pretty poor. It is going to take one hell of a line up nxt year for me and my friends to return.... and we will NOT be camping. Dissentry is not high on my list for summer 'wants'

place was brimming with arseholes as per usual. getting shouted at with, 'haw you ya fucking cripple' just because I had a pair of crutches on me was a real nice touch totally befitting of the kind of clientele that the place attracts each year. overpriced shitehole full of pricks. bit like Monaco.

For at least 12 years I felt very safe at T. For the past few years the behaviour at the place has degenerated. At first it was isolated areas, but this year, on the Saturday, the whole arena was boiling with danger. So many people out of control and causing damage to themselves, their friends and anyone else nearby. Most of them where old enough to be able to handle a festival and act like an adult. I don't understand them. I remember how great it used to be and it saddens me that it will never be like that again.

I can't go back.

Been to T three years in a row now and I was looking forward to going to T next year however I really need to consider if its worth it. The line up needs to tempt me away from Benicassim where theres guaranteed nice weather (I know T is in Scotland but I don't want another weekend like that) I didn't get the same feeling as I did the previous two years and i'm not sure what that was... Maybe the new layout with the sunset strip i'm not sure? Anyway it's a shame the T forum has had to go and I really hope it returns, should have reliable forum moderators!

Personally I had a great weekend, met some amazing people and fully enjoyed everything. I've been to lots of festivals and thought that the amount of idiots at T was no different to anywhere else- you just know that certain areas of a campsite/stage will be where they are. However that may just be my experience and not a fair view.

I thought that the sound was good given the rainy conditions- i've been to some and its vile, even Glastonbury (The Courteeners could have been louder though) and the stages/tents were easy to get to/out of.

I thought the crowds were good- no matter what and when I saw it the crowd was fully involved- normally at fests people just stare at the stage or start texting but at T everyone was singing/ having a great time. Everyone was really friendly.

In terms of the lineup, having looked at last years poster- you were NEVER going to get as strong as that again. I still managed to see loads of bands I wanted to see, even the stuff that I wouldn't normally have gone to were good. The Sunday was probably the weaker day but you'd take the Saturday and Friday no problem. Compare it to Leeds (shocking undercard) and V (only 2 days for the same price) and it's amazing. IOW is always an odd-ball as it goes for "legends" more so than regular fests.

The mud was manageable as it was just wet over a hard ground- you weren't glooping. The only poor point was that DJ Yoda was moved as the Wah Wah tent was flooded so he couldn't play his usual montage- he was still good though. Later on the tent was filled with woodbark to sort it out.

I was majorly impressed with how clean the portaloos were and how often they were emptied/ restocked. Normally you go in, lose half a lung and can't even see the seat. They even had toilet roll!!!

The only thing I would moan about is the amount of glass that was knocking about. Not only is it lethal, people- it weighs more, put it in plastic and then you can carry more booze!

Overall- top gig and would definitely consider going again.

I dont know how long it took to delete that poster (if you did), could you not do that with several others that cant let a subject or mind set go or change? That should silence the fookers that ruined it for others.

I'd spend all my time either banning people or having others argue with me for banning people. Been there, done that got the T shirt.

Why should I have to? The people posting here are meant to be adults.

The rain was predicted all week, surely to lay some metal sheeting in the car park would not have been that difficult! I got out no problem (thanks land rover!) however I feel sorry for those waiting for hours to be towed by tractors - completely avoidable! Again same goes for the arena, surely there was something that could have been done before the rain started? Hay, wood chip, shale, anything! The same site is used every year, surely they can invest a little in better drainage.

Either people are making half these stories up or else I was at a different festival, I seen one incident of trouble and it was quickly stopped before anything started. I thought it was an excellent weekend again even with the horrendous weather, The stone Roses, Noel Gallagher, Chase and Status and Swedish House Mafia were top notch. The mud though was a struggle at the best of times.

I must say though I thought the behaviour of the crowd this year was better than recent years, the whole place seemed to be up for a good time and as I said before I didn't see much trouble apart from one incident, it was a lot easier to get in and everything seemed more accessible due to the change in layout...the subset strip area was a great idea.

A lot of people on here though need to man up, its nowhere near as bad as half you women are making out.

This seems to have been a theme running through all the waterlogged festivals so far this year, either an inability to predict and deal with the effects of heavy rain or simply not caring.

I think that's a bit unfair.

We're not talking about dealing with a puddle in your backyard, we're talking about the worst rain on record - which would in fairness be beyond anyone's predictions - and across hundreds of acres.

The simple fact is that for the sort of rain we've been having there's very little that any organiser can do which is even partially effective.

Yes, some festivals could have used more trackway - if it's actually available, that is (it's not like the suppliers have spare capacity just in case we get the worst rain on record. They don't even have the capacity for a normal wet summer, because it would be unused most years) - but the ticket buyers would end up paying for it, and in the sort of conditions we've had this year cars would still need to be towed off the trackway to a parking spot, so they might as well be towed from the off.

Yes, they could put down straw or bark, but again it's expensive, and again in these sorts of conditions it has little effect. And just think how many hundreds of tons of the stuff would be needed to make a significant difference at a festival the size of T.

The likes of Glastonbury don't bother to put straw down unless the rain has stopped and is unlikely to start again - because in other conditions it just adds to the already horrible conditions underfoot.

(PS: I keep reading that T in 2000 was bad for mud. Was it fuck, there was hardly any - so I can only guess that the people saying that had not experienced a properly muddy fest).

If you or anyone else is able to tell me a fool-proof way of filtering out the 'bad' before they impact onto the forum then I'll be very happy to bring it back.

That's the only thing which will bring it back. It's taken all of the time of mine that it's going to.

Edited by Gingo

I was thinking of a system where only people with a certain post count and/or rep on this forum could post on the forum, its sad times that it has had to come to this but I think that would be a reasonable way to filter out the majority of the idiots

it would certainly filter out some, but not just the idiots. Think about it! :lol: