Tickets on sale Sunday 7 Oct

Guest AnnaGrant

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sooo lucky, i'm away with just my laptop and a dongle and not even a sniff of the registration page - panic was setting in. Luckily my daughter managed to get the 3 tickets we needed seconds before they sold out. Unfortunately, her friends were'nt so lucky.

Sorry but I think this is just taking the'p**s' when there are so many individuals who did'nt get a chance

THIS man helped me get 40+ tickets today.

I got through by changing the host name. Managed to get 8 tickets in 3 transactions (I dont have enough money in my bank for all 8!) for our group who were all trying to buy for each other anyway.

I can see the annoyance of people using the host name method and buying 20+ tickets for lots of people but it was similar last year, with people who got the booking page once could get it again and again.

I edited my hosts file and got through immediately as did a friend.

I find it a bit weird though - all the hosts file does is locally translate the server name to an ip address so the browser doesn't need to go via a DNS server.

Before I changed the hosts file, I had successfully got the holding page in the browser (ie the ip address must have been cached in the local DNS lookup) - so why would adding it to the hosts file make the slightest bit of difference?

Not that i'm massively arsed as i've got my tickets but if anyone can explain then i'm all ears.

Cheers again al_coholic you're a star.

I edited my hosts file and got through immediately as did a friend.

I find it a bit weird though - all the hosts file does is locally translate the server name to an ip address so the browser doesn't need to go via a DNS server.

Before I changed the hosts file, I had successfully got the holding page in the browser (ie the ip address must have been cached in the local DNS lookup) - so why would adding it to the hosts file make the slightest bit of difference?

there were two IP address entries for the dns entry, but one of the ip's was mistyped .... so all of the traffic went to the good ip.

the hosts file change forced your requests to go to the correct ip for the other server - which wasn't being used because of the bad entry, which meant you got thru no problem.

Can i just say that after 16 years of getting tickets i thought the SeeTickets process was the best i have ever known. once you had put the registration details in and they were accepted payment and confirmation were almost instantaneous!

i bought two lots and both times i thought that i had been chucked out but in fact they didn't go through because i had wrong details entered! two people had given me wrong postcodes and once i was trying to buy tickets for people who had already purchased. once i had amended the details - Bingo they went through easily!

actually well done See you finally have something that works without fear!

there were two IP address entries for the dns entry, but one of the ip's was mistyped .... so all of the traffic went to the good ip.

the hosts file change forced your requests to go to the correct ip for the other server - which wasn't being used because of the bad entry, which meant you got thru no problem.