2013/ the future of soni?

Guest lharris92

It seems odd that the home page created for this year was still rock/metal themed and yet the one for next year is anything but. And although it's the Soni web address and links to the Soni forums it doesn't promote the brand at all, very odd. If it does return I'd be surprised if it's in the same form that it left.

Most annoyingly of all though they've split 'Hertfordshire' onto two lines as if it's two different words.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It does strike as a bit odd that they'd incorporate '40 years of Knebworth' and a picture of an idyllic country estate into the marketing of a festival that is essentially Sonisphere when all they need is a spiky logo on a black background to get metal pulses going. It doesn't exactly scream BFMV does it? Fair enough if it's been said that it's Sonisphere and catering for the same fans blah blah but the change of marketing strategy does seem to suggest otherwise and that they're celebrating forty years of Knebworth with something different than the return of the short lived metal fest that fell on it's arse.

That Hert Fordshire thing pissed me off too.

You Soni fans are a bit like the Daft Punk fans at Glastonbury this who insisted they were playing a secret set :P Even when told Daft Punk were not doing any shows, when the festival they was not turning up, when the Festival confirmed the secret set was Chase & Status doing a DJ set, when the festival wrote it on the lineup board next to arcade, when they tweeted again daft punk were not going to be doing a set, when the electronic sign said there was no daft punk show....even when Chase & Status stepped out people didn't believe it wasn't daft punk.

I admire that sort of blind faith against all adversity!

Who me? I think I already said I won't jinx it incase it gets canceled again as it's not as simple as it's 100% happening. But they do have bands booked which is more than they had for this year, as in bands 100% confirmed and bands they feel confident are good enough for a comeback, which I think puts them in a better place than 2013 and possibly 2012 (I'll reserve judgement for that till after it's announced).

But anyways I'm just passing on what I know/what's been put out by press, not really sure how that's "blind faith against adversity" or being a fanboy - seems a pretty reasonable outlook to me?

Would be pointless to lie though? They never came out and said they had headliners so not really sure when they lied, other than saying it was still in work and happening last year, then it to be canceled (albeit before it was officially announced). They've said they're back. Papers/Knebworth house owners (I.E. independant parties from Kili) have stated it's happening and have also stated 2 headliners and countless acts have been booked with an announcement coming this side of the year.

As I said, I'd reserve personal judgements till we have the line up, but posting what's been said is hardly being a fanboy...

Would be pointless to lie though? They never came out and said they had headliners so not really sure when they lied, other than saying it was still in work and happening last year, then it to be canceled (albeit before it was officially announced). They've said they're back. Papers/Knebworth house owners (I.E. independant parties from Kili) have stated it's happening and have also stated 2 headliners and countless acts have been booked with an announcement coming this side of the year.

As I said, I'd reserve personal judgements till we have the line up, but posting what's been said is hardly being a fanboy...

But it wasn't Soni that said they have stuff booked. They didn't say that last year, nor have they said it for this year. It was from a press interview with Knebworth house itself which isn't owned by Kili. I guess they have somewhat of a vested interest but their only interest is on it running so lying wouldnt do them much good. Besides if they were going to lie they may as well hav said "WE HAVE 3 AMAZING HEADLINERS IN THE BAG" or whatever.

Regardless, I just posted that info which came from some newspaper (of which I have no affiliation with) articles and got called a fanboy which is pretty moronic.

Edited by kipper64

Not really sure how that makes me a fanboy. The organisers have said its soni, people are doubting that but I personally dont see why anyone would doubt that when its came straight from the horses mouth and they'd have no reason to lie.

Regardless its a minor thing, some people on here seem to take any opportunity to have a dig at others even when its founded on complete nonsense.

I disagree it's stone cold fact it'll be Soni, the poster they are using doesn't mention or hint at Soni at all and the their announcement was they are planning a fest (which isn't even confirming it the fest is going ahead) while others who are connected to it have said it is Soni in way that is ultimately far from making it official or reliable. What I have said all along is when they start using the name Soni then I will believe it's Soni untill then I will remain sceptical. IMO.

Its obviously no accident that Soni's "re-emergence" coincides with a shitty lineup at Donington. Theres only really enough big name genre bands for one awesome festival, or one decent one and a shit one. Having choice in which festival to go to is only an advantage if there were a million headline names floating around. You can pretty much guarantee that the names soni have got booked will not likely be anyone that hasnt played either download or soni in the last 4-5 years.

I think they need to get some names out soon, especially before DL make any further major announcements. Drop the gimmicks, release some info and see what the interest is like. DL's headliners are pretty uninspiring for most, its time to capitalise!

Not really sure how that makes me a fanboy. The organisers have said its soni, people are doubting that but I personally dont see why anyone would doubt that when its came straight from the horses mouth and they'd have no reason to lie.

Regardless its a minor thing, some people on here seem to take any opportunity to have a dig at others even when its founded on complete nonsense.

Ah the classic " i trolld u xD" response, my question was more what would be the point in lying but whatever. Not to mention its both press and knebworth claiming its sonisphere too. Wasnt really arguing, just discussing it then got called a fanboy.

Agree they need to announce ASAP, teckon early december is most likely but we'll see

Ah the classic " i trolld u xD" response, my question was more what would be the point in lying but whatever. Not to mention its both press and knebworth claiming its sonisphere too. Wasnt really arguing, just discussing it then got called a fanboy.

Agree they need to announce ASAP, teckon early december is most likely but we'll see