2013/ the future of soni?

Guest lharris92

Btw out of curiosity, when do people reckon the latest an announcement could be made by Sonisphere that the festival is actually happening could be made?

Obviously with the amount of speculation about the festivals future they can't wait around too long otherwise people will just presume it's not happening and are more likely to buy download tickets. I reckon if nothings been announced by the end of 2012 then it's probably too late. Would be fine other years but with Download announcing so early, they really need as much publicity as possible.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say they need to announce before download..... Oh hold on. biggrin.gif

which is, it's very easy to presume, the reason for Download's much earlier announcement this year. They've got Soni on the run, and want to keep it like that.

Which of course suggests that they might be doing other less obvious things to keep Soni on the run.

Edited by eFestivals

Thier tweets pretty much mean nothing as they seem to talk more about upcoming gigs rather than Soni itself.

on the basis that they've become more active since Download announced, I take their tweets as nothing more than them trying to get across they're not dead and buried just yet.

That doesn't mean that they won't be buried of course. What decides which way it goes is what actual real meaningful things are going on out of sight of people like us.

Tweets are of no meaning.

PJ & Stone Roses? Well the did talk about "mixing things up" I guess... :P

Yeah I imagine a lot of the activity is down to trying to shift focus from Download, although it's now October so I'd think they'd be starting to get an idea by now if it's definitely happening or not. Can't see them waiting much longer than the end of this month/start of next before making a proper move as it were.

...if it was my festival and I wanted to drum up some interest without giving too much away. I'd start putting out the occasional tweet and intentionally get one of my headliners to leak that they're playing and then let the speculation commence.... but hey, it's not my festival and it may not even be happening : )

I take it you're getting Stone Roses from them doing an exclusive show next year somewhere and Pearl Jam from being mentioned in that Vodafone announcement?

yup - it's just my speculation.

But them getting someone like the Roses would be a very good way to go I reckon, as they're the sort of act that should guarantee excellent sales (and when it comes down to it, there's not that many of those sorts of acts about right now).

But if they had the Roses along with PJ, I'm not sure it would get them those sales. While there'd obviously be some cross-over with their fans, they'd also be a fair amount of incompatibility too.

yup - it's just my speculation.

But them getting someone like the Roses would be a very good way to go I reckon, as they're the sort of act that should guarantee excellent sales (and when it comes down to it, there's not that many of those sorts of acts about right now).

But if they had the Roses along with PJ, I'm not sure it would get them those sales. While there'd obviously be some cross-over with their fans, they'd also be a fair amount of incompatibility too.

I wouldn't be against Stone Roses, it would be a major coup to get them before IOW and Reading and I know Sonisphere said they will be changing things, but it wouldn't make any sense to go straight in there with one of the biggest Indie icons of all time.

A one off gig at Knebworth might be more likely, perhaps the same weekend as Download for added bite.