Queen and a guy, Kiss or Faith No More?

Guest Dave The Hedgehog

That's why they should make some more announcements ASAP, to suck in some of the waiverers. Even if they do not have any more biggish acts to announce, the 'smaller' acts will attract more punters. Everyone likes certain smaller acts, which will push them to finally decide to part with their cash. Even though I have my ticket already, I would be delighted if they announced some extra smaller acts which most people would not have heard of before - Holy fuck, M83, Maps, Battles, Mirrors to name a few. If I hadn't already bought my ticket then just one or two of these being annouced would have sealed it for me.

That's why they should make some more announcements ASAP, to suck in some of the waiverers. Even if they do not have any more biggish acts to announce, the 'smaller' acts will attract more punters. Everyone likes certain smaller acts, which will push them to finally decide to part with their cash. Even though I have my ticket already, I would be delighted if they announced some extra smaller acts which most people would not have heard of before - Holy fuck, M83, Maps, Battles, Mirrors to name a few. If I hadn't already bought my ticket then just one or two of these being annouced would have sealed it for me.

Agreed.

And I want to see about 20 of them so am delighted with what's announced so far, and that's not including the smaller acts where there is some gems there too..

Edited by Paul ™

I think the problem this year is they blew there load too early with the big anouncement. First we get some small acts then BOOM! The majority of the big acts on the line up are anounced in one go, at first everyone is over the moon about the acts playing but eventually people start to forget about them and the excitement dies down and now people are hungry for more. Personally if no one else was anounced I'd be happy, more than enough on the line up to keep me happy and plenty of stuff to see and do.:)

• 2 weeks later...

I prefer this year's line-up. I've been thinking about bestival for years but its list of acts, compared to other fests, has never quite swayed me... until now. I think stevie, new order and florence are a good range of headliners for a fest of its size. Orbital, 2manydjs and justice are great mainstream dance acts to have on after and in the big top. Hot chip are one of the few newer british bands who i think could be a decent headliner so are really suited as the main thursday act imo. The undercard has a good and eclectic mix which has something for everyone (personally i'm very excited about de la soul). I think the main subbing acts are quite variable (sigur ros excellent, 2dcc a bit dissapointing) but that aside it's a cracking line-up with plenty else to do. It's all opinion but of the four festivals and numerous concerts i'm going to this summer i'm probably looking forward to it the most...