Queen and a guy, Kiss or Faith No More?

Guest Dave The Hedgehog

Faith No More, cos they're fucking awesome. (Whereas Queen and Kiss are, along with AC/DC, absolutely the worst rock bands to ever manage to become successful.)

I saw FNM at Phoenix 1995 and they were brilliant. Then I saw them at Download 2009 and they were even more amazing, with Mike Patton's voice better than ever after several years of stretching his talents with everything from avant-garde noisecore to lounge-jazz projects

That said, much of the audience didn't really like them because they definitely played a set for the long-term fans, with loads of obscure album tracks rather than hit after hit after hit.

But that's just your opinion. Me and several of my mates have bought tickets because we like the line-up , one mans meat is another mans poison, or something else in Geordie.

Adam Ant and Gary Numan must have sucked in loads of old ladies, they did me and mine :)

I'm sure Bestival will eventually sell out but I think saying the tickets are going very fast now, in March - and taking into account the line-up doesn't have much in the way of prestige (I think), .

:D

This.

And to be fair, it's not an opinion I've seen agreed with over the forums from many people.

I know a lot more people going to Bestival this year, with people from this forum and other friends going for the first time than in the previous 4 years I've been.

Shock/Dave may be right about slow ticket sales, who knows.. but I would suspect tickets will be shifting about the same as usual for Bestival.

I know more people already booked for this year than I knew who ended up going last year... seems to have plenty of momentum, a good reputation, and to have found favour amongst the Glastonbury loyallists as an alternative.

I wouldn't be surprised if Bestival was doign better than most other festivals ticket-wise.

yup, that's my take on it too. And there's no better alternative for an almost-all-round Glasto thing that I know of.

But my preferted alternative (tho I go every year anyway :lol:) is still the alternative of old - womad. It's not one for people who want chart bands, but still manages to have more musical diversity than Bestival does.