• Replies 28.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• thetime

• mrtourette

• Mouseboy11

• the wonderwhy

Thanks, I had Blur instead of Arcade Fire but swapped them what with Neil's info about doing no UK fests.

Didn't really know where to put Jake Bugg, tbh I hate him so I thought he'd be low tongue.png

I guess Bloc Party would be where Libertines are on second thoughts.

Didn't know Refused were on hiatus, saw them this year and would love to see them again so put them in.

Where else would they play though? Not a V or TITP type of band, and too big for Bestival or Latitude. Glastonbury is the only other place but they seem to be regarded as too small to headline and didn't enjoy the festival last time they played there, where as their R/L set is regarded as one of the greatest and their agent is friends with Melvin I heard.

I realise it's unlikely but I, and I'm sure most people on the forums, would love them to headline again.

Reading

Friday

Biffy Clyto

The Smashing Pumpkins

Placebo

All Time Low

Rancid

Billy Talent

A Day to Remember

Twin Atlantic

Pure Love

NME

The xx

Alt j

Saturday

Blur

Mumford and sons

Two Door cinema Club

Jimmy Eat world

Noah and the whale

Jake bugg

Tribes

The naked and famous

Post War glamour girls

NME

Deftones

How to destroy angels

Rise against

Silversun pickups

Serj Tankian

Sunday

Black Sabbath

Queens of the stone age

Avenged sevenfold

The mars volta

Slash

Frank Turner

Mastodon

The joy formidable

Trash Talk

Yuck

NME

Deadmau5

Crystal Castles

Metronome

2 Things

1. What do people think about RATM? obv they're on that poster, and i think it is a possibility seeming as they've hinted at a new album. Been 5 years since they played, but obv wouldn't be headlining alongside the Killers

2. Am i the only person that is starting to think that Mumford might not play? Everyone seems to think its an absolute given that they're going to play but i think they're just as likely to do the rounds with Glasto, TITP, Isle of Wight etc. Obviously FR like exclusives, i can see Mumfords ducking R&L in 2013 and playing 2014 instead. Unless they are being booked as headliners ofcourse!

2 Things

1. What do people think about RATM? obv they're on that poster, and i think it is a possibility seeming as they've hinted at a new album. Been 5 years since they played, but obv wouldn't be headlining alongside the Killers

2. Am i the only person that is starting to think that Mumford might not play? Everyone seems to think its an absolute given that they're going to play but i think they're just as likely to do the rounds with Glasto, TITP, Isle of Wight etc. Obviously FR like exclusives, i can see Mumfords ducking R&L in 2013 and playing 2014 instead. Unless they are being booked as headliners ofcourse!

Where else would they play though? Not a V or TITP type of band, and too big for Bestival or Latitude. Glastonbury is the only other place but they seem to be regarded as too small to headline and didn't enjoy the festival last time they played there, where as their R/L set is regarded as one of the greatest and their agent is friends with Melvin I heard.

I realise it's unlikely but I, and I'm sure most people on the forums, would love them to headline again.

2 Things

Something that bothers me when thinking about the headliners is that T and R+L will be after pretty much the same bands (bar Sabbath) and can only share one headliner. T should be trying harder to bounce back after a disappointing lineup this year so they could probably book the stronger lineup.

Makes me think it will be similar to 2011 where we'll have an exclusive (eg. Sabbath/another heavy headliner), and then someone headlines R+L and subs T (eg. Mumfords/Biffy/Prodigy), and the other is a shared headliner (eg. The Killers/Blur).

Something that bothers me when thinking about the headliners is that T and R+L will be after pretty much the same bands (bar Sabbath) and can only share one headliner. T should be trying harder to bounce back after a disappointing lineup this year so they could probably book the stronger lineup.

Makes me think it will be similar to 2011 where we'll have an exclusive (eg. Sabbath/another heavy headliner), and then someone headlines R+L and subs T (eg. Mumfords/Biffy/Prodigy), and the other is a shared headliner (eg. The Killers/Blur).

Edited by gazza_20