The Dirty Independence Question

Kyelo

• 1 month later...

Surely the SNP guy with the IPad has to go. He would have been better off just saying he watched it for the football, didn’t realise it would cost anything and agree to pay in full straight away.

Instead he has tried to initially get taxpayer to cover the bill, then claim he didn’t know his kids were using it to watch football. Either he is not telling the truth or he has given his kids unsupervised access to a parliamentary iPad, both sackable offence in my view.

• 3 weeks later...

i'm wondering if our resident indy supporters still think its definitely happening just a matter of time.

looks to me like the snp have blown it and indy is now all about the sex offender. will  scots be shouting "indy now, groping women now!"

• 2 weeks later...
25 minutes ago, Neil said:

they've tried every other bribe just one thing left for the  Scottish tories indie campaign - tax like a tory. 😛 

Naw, Neil. We are taxing like a proper Labour Party should ... If they had the balls.

2 hours ago, LJS said:

Naw, Neil. We are taxing like a proper Labour Party should ... If they had the balls.

Labour party aren't they in power to tax wnyone l. You've been saying for years that the SG would tax properly only doing it now cos run out of other ways to pay for indie bribes.

5 minutes ago, Neil said:

Labour party aren't they in power to tax wnyone l. You've been saying for years that the SG would tax properly only doing it now cos run out of other ways to pay for indie bribes.

They have been doing it for years.

1 minute ago, LJS said:

Not doing it by enough to pay for the extras it's why the sg are now cutting spending like a Tory. 

The huge extra amounts will stop now Westminster isn't spending extra lump sums on England.scots will have to find out if they are still tight with money.

48 minutes ago, LJS said:

Correct. I’m not interested in scrolling back but I remember talking about baby steps years ago when they started increasing tax on the better off. Most accept tax has to go up but I remember at the time Davidson was screaming about Scotland being the highest taxed part of the uk. 

It’s incredible that with the state of things the Tories want to cut tax. Taxing folk never popular so fair play to the SNP and the Greens. 

48 minutes ago, Comfy Bean said:

Correct. I’m not interested in scrolling back but I remember talking about baby steps years ago when they started increasing tax on the better off. Most accept tax has to go up but I remember at the time Davidson was screaming about Scotland being the highest taxed part of the uk. 

It’s incredible that with the state of things the Tories want to cut tax. Taxing folk never popular so fair play to the SNP and the Greens. 

paying for not-indie isn't popular which is why support is crumbling.

12 hours ago, Neil said:

paying for not-indie isn't popular which is why support is crumbling.

Support for indy is not crumbling.

I am happy to pay a wee bit more tax for decent public services.

7 minutes ago, LJS said:

Where might be find those decent public services?

I’d argue it’s more than a wee bit. Marginal tax rate between 40 and 50k is over 50 percent. That’s not particularly high earners. Do you agree with this?

8 minutes ago, fraybentos1 said:

Where might be find those decent public services?

I’d argue it’s more than a wee bit. Marginal tax rate between 40 and 50k is over 50 percent. That’s not particularly high earners. Do you agree with this?

I agree with you statistics. If you earn £50k you will still be taking home close to £41k - just under £3.5k per month. Seems OK to me (not that I earn that much 😞 )

34 minutes ago, LJS said:

support for the snp & indy is crumbling, they f**ked up badly with the gender recognition bill - have you looked at wings lately.

1 minute ago, Neil said:

support for the snp & indy is crumbling, they f**ked up badly with the gender recognition bill - have you looked at wings lately.

Why would I look at that bigoted twat?

1 minute ago, LJS said:

Why would I look at that bigoted twat?

cos hes at the centre of a big body of indy supporters. he's now full-on groper, like most of the indie campagain the defectors were symbolic of how thought is going.

16 minutes ago, Barry Fish said:

Scottish NHS ?  f**ked
Scottish Education ? f**ked

What am I missing ? 

I am writing this from hospital where I have spent the past week being cared for by NHS Scotland. My treatment has been superb from start to finish & there is nothing I would improve (apart from the food)

Equally the much maligned Scottish education system has educated my 3 kids in 3 different areas of the country. All the schools were excellent and I have absolutely no complaints.

I would point out to those upset at paying a wee bit more tax that they would likely pay more to buy a house elsewhere in the UK & then have to pay more council tax.

They would also have to pay for their prescriptions and if they have kids going to uni, they would have to stump up for tuition fees. So they are probably still better off up here.

29 minutes ago, LJS said:

I agree with you statistics. If you earn £50k you will still be taking home close to £41k - just under £3.5k per month. Seems OK to me (not that I earn that much 😞 )

Take home would be more like £36k, you have forgotten about NI, But many people will not pay this new higher tax rate, it would make more sense to pay more into a private pension and get the tax relief and avoid the tax. This is the thing governments forget when they think they can generate more income through tax, there are almost always ways to mitigate paying the higher tax, the highest earners can afford the best tax advice to reduce their liability. It probably won't generate as much as they think and will make them unpopular.