Optimus Alive 12

Guest pete76

saw it on a radiohead forum and openairguide is reporting it as well

im very negative so looking at it in the worst possible way .... i still think the shows will go ahead,but my luck with festivals im going to always have a negative look on this

it wouldnt do the band that out of pocket ... optimus alive would be in the crapper though .... only sold out day, with only 3 bands on main stage who are not big at all .. at least on the other two days you could bump up florence or justice/snow patrol .......

must stay positive

• Replies 965
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello everyone,

As you will probably have heard the roof over the stage collapsed at our show in Toronto killing crew member Scott Johnson and injuring three other crew members. The collapse also destroyed the light show – this show was unique and will take many weeks to replace. The collapse also caused serious damage to our backline, some elements of which are decades old and therefore hard to replace.

Whilst we all are dealing with the grief and shock ensuing from this terrible accident there are also many practical considerations to deal with & consequently we have to try and reschedule the following shows:

June

30 Roma Hippodrome Capanelle

July

1 Firenze Parco delle Cascine

3 Bologna Arena Parco Nord

4 Codroipo Villa Manin

6 Berlin Wuhlheide

7 Berlin Wuhlhedie

9 St Triphon Carriere des Andonces

We aim to announce the new dates for these shows on Wednesday 27th of June and will also supply information on how to obtain refunds on tickets if you cannot come to the show on the new date.

We will start playing live again at Les Arenes Nimes, Bilbao BBK festival and Lisbon Optimus Alive festival.

We will make every effort to offer the fans the very best show possible under the circumstances – thanks for your understanding and support.

Bologna - we have friends that live there and it's a lovely city etc. so we'll still go but seeing radiohead in a 13th century piazza could have been rather good... will make optimus all the better though.

So it looks like we got lucky. I think the show will be compromised some what. Their light show for this tour has been absolutely amazing. I saw them in Santa Barbara and it was even better than in In Rainbows light show in 08. I'm wondering what they will use instead. Maybe borrow another bands?

Anyway can't be too selfish. It's a miracle they are playing as it is.

On the website it now says about extra trains being available from the festival's nearest train stop (Alges) to Cascais and Cais Do Sodre. Does anyone know if these extra trains will be available to all festival goers or just those who bought the ticket with train travel?

If it is only these people that's kind of annoying because they weren't available when I bought my Optimus Alive ticket (and you still don't have the option to buy these tickets with train travel from Seetickets anyway)

Surely they will be available for anybody i didnt seee any option to buy a ticket with train travel, shouldt think it would be a problem im planning on buying with of the travel cards the equivalent of the tubes oyster think it can be used on buses trams metro and trains (might be wrong) but its 4euro or so for a days travle and thats a full 24 hours worth not just until midnight on the day which is good! I guess all us staying back in lisbon the best option for getting back after will be taxis..!

ive ordered three tickets from lastminute .... two in one order and one in another

i have recieved the two but not been sent the one yet

worse case scenario make sure you note the number down etc and lastminute.com contact details and collect from the box office

also a question for those who have been or live in the area...

where on google maps do pedestrians cross the train track?

trying to figure out how to get to the supermarket 'Pingo Doce' just on the other side

Hey my friend asked me recently about going to Lisbon for Optimus Alive and looked at the line-up and was like "Hell yes!".

Anyway, he already has his ticket with camping but I don't have my ticket yet. As you can imagine at such a late stage its been a bit of a hassle locating tickets but I've managed to find someone who has two to sell at face value but this is without camping.

So if I buy a ticket without camping and book accommodation near the campsite, would I be allowed entrance to the campsite during the day to hang around with all my mates or would they be forced to leave the campsite in order for me to meet them?

Or put more simply can I access the campsite without paying to camp?

Thanks for any help!

also a question for those who have been or live in the area...

where on google maps do pedestrians cross the train track?

trying to figure out how to get to the supermarket 'Pingo Doce' just on the other side