Optimus Alive 12

Guest pete76

• Replies 965
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi I bought the 3 Day Festival Ticket with the free CP Train Pass. On the website it says that I have to use the special channel.

In the stations with access control channels, access to the rail with this ticket is made by a particular channel of passage. Aboard the train, the ticket will serve as an integrated title and should be submitted to Operator Review and Venda, whenever requested.

Hey guiys, I'm leaving on Thursday. One day to explore Lisbon before and after festival (leaving Tuesday). Flights cost me £230 return for myself but worth it for headliners and a city to explore other than UK.

The only weiord thing for me after seeing thre festival layout is that there are only 2 places to go to the loo! Even at Field Day festival in London we had loads of urinals by the side everywhere. That will be biggst issue as going for a wizz during bands/drinking will be common practice. Don't want to have to venture too far (toilets seem in the middle of festival between main and heineken stages).

Anyway, will be good. I prefer staying in hostels aborad. Did that in Primavera last year where trains ran early morning about 5am when we headed home a bit worse for wear. Was easy. Hopefully be the same in Lisbon where I have a cheap apartment (£66 for 5 nights!) right in center of town.

Bet they'll be loads of English which will be good. Let's hope it all goes to plan.

Hi,

Just joined the forum, need some help.

Have just booked a trip to Lisbon for This weekend, the Roses blew me away last week, and want to see Radiohead.

Is it still possible to purchase a 3 day ticket (don't need camping) ?

I have looked at viragogo and they had one, but it's not an e-ticket and I don't see how it will arrive in time.

Also would it be possible to by tickets from the venue on the day of arrival ?

Do they have touts over there ???

Thanks for any help provided

Well you lot ain't very helpful at 730 on a Sunday morning are ya ?

:-)

I took the plunge and purchased a ticket via Viagogo, was only £65, ((£86 after charges, delivery etc) for what it says is a 3 day ticket... Not bad at all.

Now my only concern is that it gets delivered on time, I leave on Thursday Morning. I see they use UPS, hopefully I will get it Tues / Wed.... ( oh please, get me away from this worst summer ever to sunny Lisbon and to see my Roses and Radiohead (never seen the head, second fave band...great contrast between the two)

You should be ok mate, my friend bought a ticket for Elbow at Joderel bank of viagogo a few days before and had no problems getting the ticket.

I actually can't wait for this. Staying in central Lisbon so hoping the transport home nightly is decent.

can't believe i get to see Refused and Stone roses on the same bill, Dreams come true!

Hey guys, not a definite, but one of our party lost his job last night and doesn't think he can go. So, we may have a 3 day non-camping pass up for grabs, but...the interesting thing may be...if any of you are still looking for accomodation, we will have a space in one of the amazing bungalows at the official campsite. Shower, toilet, fridge, microwave, cooking facilities, pool and bar! There are five of us going if he doesn't come, two groups of two lads and one lad and two girls, so you have a ready made crew if you need! Cost for that will be £100 for the period 11th-18th July. I think if someone wants his ticket and/or spot in the bungalow, that would make his mind up as he wasn't in a well paid job anyway and this has bust his balls.

(If anyone is flying into Porto, as we are on the Weds 11th am, we're hiring a car and going back in that for the evening of the 18th so you can join in with that too.) PM me asap if you're interested!!!

Wow. 2 mins??! Crazy fast. On map it would seem like a good 10 mins, especially amongst a crowd.

One other query. I hear a litre of booze is available and cheaper at the campsite bar. If you are not staying at the campsite...can other people like myself go there? If so, where is it to the festival site and can we bring it into festival (the litre of beer - says the soon to be drunk englishman).

anyone know the prices of food and drinks at the festival...my friends just got back from rock wretcher and they told me that the prices inside the festival were crazy high. 1litre of water was like 5 euros!!

You should be ok mate, my friend bought a ticket for Elbow at Joderel bank of viagogo a few days before and had no problems getting the ticket.

I actually can't wait for this. Staying in central Lisbon so hoping the transport home nightly is decent.

can't believe i get to see Refused and Stone roses on the same bill, Dreams come true!

Hey guys, not a definite, but one of our party lost his job last night and doesn't think he can go. So, we may have a 3 day non-camping pass up for grabs, but...the interesting thing may be...if any of you are still looking for accomodation, we will have a space in one of the amazing bungalows at the official campsite. Shower, toilet, fridge, microwave, cooking facilities, pool and bar! There are five of us going if he doesn't come, two groups of two lads and one lad and two girls, so you have a ready made crew if you need! Cost for that will be £100 for the period 11th-18th July. I think if someone wants his ticket and/or spot in the bungalow, that would make his mind up as he wasn't in a well paid job anyway and this has bust his balls.

(If anyone is flying into Porto, as we are on the Weds 11th am, we're hiring a car and going back in that for the evening of the 18th so you can join in with that too.) PM me asap if you're interested!!!

A few questions (apologies if they have been asked before)...

How hot is it at night? Will we need sleeping bags etc. or is it generally too warm for that?

What are the prices for food and drink like? I have no idea how much money is a good amount to get changed up...

Are there any supermarkets near the campsite?

Similar questions from me really. How hot is it at night? And also, going to be alright with plimsolls/trainers aren't we? I've experienced too much Glastonbury and Leeds Festival to not worry about the ground..

Oh and also, is there a front pit or whatever at the Main Stage? There usually is at festivals over here, I quite like getting in there early and then chilling at the back of it/against the barrier if people know what I mean. Usually lots of room and a good view!

Edited by Sketchead

Sorry for your mate, thanks for the offer, I should be ok now.

I don't know your mates situation, but I think the break would do him good, get out of this bloody country for a bit, go somewhere hot, interesting and fun. It really is bloody cheap for what you get. Weather in Uk is rain for yet another week, big factor in me wanting to get away (Lisbon is 27 degrees)...

Hey!

I just bought plane, hotel and festival pass for the two first days to Optimus Alive, very very spontaneous. I'm going to this festival alone, which is a first for me, so I'm just wondering how the age range is on this festival. I'm 20 myself, and from Norway (we're a shy people) so will it be difficult to find people to hang with? I'm so stoked about the whole thursday line-up, so I'm really looking forward to this anyways!

Also, how are the taxi/train prices down there?