Kendal Calling 2012

Guest Flaminglippy

Question for the regulars, how long are the set times for the headliners, and are they the same time all 3 nights?

I go to Bingley every year and it seems the Saturday headline slot gets a bit longer than Sunday, I hope it isnt the case here (and James get to do a 3 hour set :) ).

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking for another festival to do in addition to Kendal...was considering Latitude but a bit disappointed with the line-up for the money...any suggestions for ones similar to Kendal??

Ohh...how about Lemonheads for Kendal?? Mark Morris??

The one I really want though is We Are Augustines...fingers crossed

Edited by Flaminglippy

You`d love Wickerman. Always a great atmosphere and no probs getting tickets £90.00.

Only moan is they are always really late with line up announcement. Cracking site, really friendly. Last year they had major sound problems for James and Craig Charles so the feeling is they owe us this year.

Would agree that it`s a bit much the weekend before Kendal but you only live once !!

This year I'm returning to Kendal and:

Bearded Theory in May. One of the best small festivals ive been to. All profits go to charity. Amazing atmosphere in the main arenas and campsites. You can take your own beer in the main parts, although the bars sell a wonderful range of drinks and are reasonably priced. Ace lineup on the stages. Only down side is its freezing (literally, my tent froze on the Saturday night) and the dance tent is mainly techno duff duff music, although this year the organiser has said he will try and make it a bit more varied as most of the time it has a sparse population.

Beatherder in June. Has a stage with some good stuff on & I was there quite a lot of the time, but I'd say the festival is more dancy. Loads of little tents playing a huge range of music and a rave in the trees so you've got a choice. I never struggled to find something I liked every day last year as the choice of DJs was breathtaking.

Beautiful Days in August. This place is just a disney land for grown ups !! I feel at home the moment I get here. It's like that little magical corner of Glastonbury you accidently stumbled upon and couldn't tear yourself away from all weekend. Amazing people, amazing bands. Even the teenagers were amazing, I actually danced with a bunch of them to The Blockeads. I had a tear in my eye on the Monday morning when I was driving away. I just wanted one more day!!!

Good luck choosing. It's a toughie!!

i didnt think the toilets were too bad in the emperors last year, pretty clean most of the times i went (when you've experienced the toilets next to the pyramid stage at 11pm at night in glastonbury then these were luxurious !)

I dont think anyone would expect you to be silent in the tent, just not running around in a drunken riot ! I wouldnt have said you would have any trouble, if you are concerned you could always sell the emperors field tickets on, you'll easily get your money back for them. The emperors tickets are seperate to the festival ticket itself so you could go in the general camping area without any problem.

Thanks for the reply :-)

You asked about Solfest further down the page - it's a great festival, great atmosphere, I'm waiting on the line-up announcement (must be due anytime now) and could well be booking tix for that too :-)

could i ask you one more question about solfest if you dont mind, tried the website but its under construction so there isnt much info really.

Kendal obviously has the Emperors field which was where the cars could be parked next to the tents, but that always sells out on day 1, is solfest similar in so much as there is only one field you can park next to the tent and you've gotta grab the tickets early or is the whole site set up that way ? Could really do with the advantage of parking next to the tent thats all.

cheers

tickets bought for first time - looking forward to it, when do you think we expect more lineup rumours news announcements? I best buy a tent as well.

Whats the comedy tent/stage like, is it its own stage that goes on all day? quite like the idea of checking a few different things out when not listening to the 90's fest.

Hi. Never been to Kendal before. Been to glasto and Leeds loads of times and was just wondering about what time to get there. 5 of us heading up Friday morning. Will we have trouble pitching a couple of tents next to each other ( we are on the traditional camping fields) obviously at glasto if you don't get there by Thursday night you're kinda screwed with regards to getting space next to each other. Responses appreciated.

Hi. Never been to Kendal before. Been to glasto and Leeds loads of times and was just wondering about what time to get there. 5 of us heading up Friday morning. Will we have trouble pitching a couple of tents next to each other ( we are on the traditional camping fields) obviously at glasto if you don't get there by Thursday night you're kinda screwed with regards to getting space next to each other. Responses appreciated.

Think you'd all need to arrive and queue together to get space together. There's always a traffic queue to register, but once you've got wristbands you've got a right to roam in the main camping field. The better spaces obviously fill up first, but if you're pretty early friday and arrive together you should be ok without having to camp at the side of the loos. We are in the Emperors Fields, and arrive 10ish, queue for 1/2 hour or so, then have had a half empty field to set up in. The main field has bigger queues, and is much more tightly packed, so I would aim to get there earlier, but certainly when we were walking througn it lunchtimeish after setting up last year there were still plenty of gaps.

Cheers. We are gonna set off quite early so it sounds like we should be fine. Whats the walk like to the campsite. I cant imagine its as hellish as Glasto?

Edited by sieric

tickets bought for first time - looking forward to it, when do you think we expect more lineup rumours news announcements? I best buy a tent as well.

Whats the comedy tent/stage like, is it its own stage that goes on all day? quite like the idea of checking a few different things out when not listening to the 90's fest.