Kendal Calling 2012

Guest Flaminglippy

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PS Highly recommend spending time in the Calling Out tent...had some crackers in there the last few years...and if you're seeing a band and you don't like them...you're only ever 5 minutes away from any of the other stages!)

Im gonna put myself together an ultimate kendal mix tape to convert and educate the missus and daughter as to some of the bands they'll hear at Kendal this year, sell me some suggestions as to which songs i should be putting on it, any genuine fans that can convert me or convince me to see their bands at kendal-

feel free to slap in suggestions for as many as you want, just quote the list and add the tracks !

JAMES

MAXIMO PARK

DIZZEE RASCAL

DAN LE SAC

INSPIRAL CARPETS

FEEDER

SHED SEVEN

ANDY C

BENGA

SHY FX

UTAH SAINTS

FL SKILLZ

MS DYNAMITE

LITTLE ROY

VINTAGE TROUBLE

DREADZONE

OLUGBENGA

THE CORRESPONDANTS

TO KILL A KING

WHISKYCATS

BOMBSKARE

PHAELEH

DODGY

ISLET

LANCASHIRE HOTPOTS

VARIOUS CRUELTIES

TWISTED WHEEL

JUAN ZELADA

16 BIT

NICK HAYWARD

MONSTER CEILIDH

if i get a decent enough response i'll download the tracks from a legit pay site, make the cd for the car and anyone who made a suggestion wants a listen i'll send it on once the missus is educated !

Have to slightly disagree with that comment....if you're stood at the top of the hill opposite the main stage you do get some leakage from the Calling Out stage.

We were there for The Cribs last year and ended up moving because of the sound coming from Sonic Boom Six.

Only a minor gripe but something to consider.

Im gonna put myself together an ultimate kendal mix tape to convert and educate the missus and daughter as to some of the bands they'll hear at Kendal this year, sell me some suggestions as to which songs i should be putting on it, any genuine fans that can convert me or convince me to see their bands at kendal-

feel free to slap in suggestions for as many as you want, just quote the list and add the tracks !

JAMES Hymn from a Village (Old one which they have played occasionally) / Laid

MAXIMO PARK Graffiti

DIZZEE RASCAL

DAN LE SAC

INSPIRAL CARPETS Joe (a belting hammond-organ foot-stomper)

FEEDER

SHED SEVEN

ANDY C

BENGA

SHY FX

UTAH SAINTS

FL SKILLZ

MS DYNAMITE

LITTLE ROY Lithium (shut your eyes and its Kurt Cobain haha)

VINTAGE TROUBLE

DREADZONE

OLUGBENGA

THE CORRESPONDANTS

TO KILL A KING

WHISKYCATS

BOMBSKARE

PHAELEH

DODGY

ISLET

LANCASHIRE HOTPOTS

VARIOUS CRUELTIES

TWISTED WHEEL

JUAN ZELADA

16 BIT

NICK HAYWARD Favourite Shirts / Love Plus One !!

MONSTER CEILIDH

if i get a decent enough response i'll download the tracks from a legit pay site, make the cd for the car and anyone who made a suggestion wants a listen i'll send it on once the missus is educated !

i'll add a few more tracks to JDOGs list

JAMES Hymn from a Village (Old one which they have played occasionally) / Laid

MAXIMO PARK Graffiti

DIZZEE RASCAL

DAN LE SAC

INSPIRAL CARPETS Joe (a belting hammond-organ foot-stomper)

FEEDER come back around

SHED SEVEN

ANDY C

BENGA

SHY FX

UTAH SAINTS

FL SKILLZ

MS DYNAMITE

LITTLE ROY Lithium (shut your eyes and its Kurt Cobain haha)

VINTAGE TROUBLE nobody told me (whole albums great so hard to choose !)

DREADZONE

OLUGBENGA

THE CORRESPONDANTS

TO KILL A KING

WHISKYCATS

BOMBSKARE

PHAELEH

DODGY

ISLET this fortune

LANCASHIRE HOTPOTS

VARIOUS CRUELTIES

TWISTED WHEEL

JUAN ZELADA

16 BIT

NICK HAYWARD Favourite Shirts / Love Plus One !!

MONSTER CEILIDH

JAMES sit down/come home/laid

MAXIMO PARK apply some pressure/our velocity

DIZZEE RASCAL holiday/dance wiv me/bonkers/dirtee disco

DAN LE SAC sick tonight/get better

INSPIRAL CARPETS this is how it feels/

FEEDER buck rogers/just the way i'm feeling/tumble and fall/come back around/

SHED SEVEN speakeasy/getting better/going for gold/she let me on friday/chasing rainbows

ANDY C

BENGA

SHY FX

UTAH SAINTS

FL SKILLZ

MS DYNAMITE

LITTLE ROY

VINTAGE TROUBLE

DREADZONE

OLUGBENGA

THE CORRESPONDANTS

TO KILL A KING

WHISKYCATS

BOMBSKARE

PHAELEH

DODGY staying out for the summer/good enough

ISLET

LANCASHIRE HOTPOTS

VARIOUS CRUELTIES

TWISTED WHEEL lucy the castle/oh what have you done/she's a weapon/you stole the sun

JUAN ZELADA what do i know/breakfast in spittalfields

16 BIT

NICK HAYWARD

MONSTER CEILIDH

I finally set one up a few months ago...had to delete it from my laptop as it was making run so bloody slow....good though! Used it for checking out new stuff then ordered the CD's if I liked it....like the Little Roy stuff...which is gonna be amazing in a warm field with a cold beer (or more likely in a cold field with a warm beer).

I'm not sure I can stretch to EOTR at £150 a ticket to catch them...hopefully they'll announce some UK dates soon. They'd suit the atmosphere at KC really well tho...beards, checked shirts and cider...maybe we KC could do a lumberjack fancy dress theme!

Morning All,

Having booked tickets Im already excited B)

I just have one, question... Me and another friend have emperors field tickets but the rest of our group didnt get them in time. So we want the benefits of what we have paid for e.g the toilets and showers but want to camp with them.

Would me and said be able to park up in Emperors, leave the cars, go camp with the rest in the normal camping and come back into shower and things?

Apologies if I am being daft!

Cheers in advance

I'm not sure I can stretch to EOTR at £150 a ticket to catch them...hopefully they'll announce some UK dates soon. They'd suit the atmosphere at KC really well tho...beards, checked shirts and cider...maybe we KC could do a lumberjack fancy dress theme!