Kendal Calling 2012

Guest Flaminglippy

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arriving Thursday is so much better.....no stresses of driving on the M6 or A1/A66 during rush hours & you can set your tent up at a leisurely pace....Thursday night can be spent savouring the growing atmosphere and waking up Friday morning knowing that you only have to have a shower (if in Emperors Field), have brekkie and a couple of beers before the arena opens at midday.

You then get to experience all of Friday.....not missing out on the first couple oh hours sorting out your pitch.

139 days and counting til I'm in the fields.......

Arriving Thursday is so much better.....no stresses of driving on the M6 or A1/A66 during rush hours & you can set your tent up at a leisurely pace....Thursday night can be spent savouring the growing atmosphere and waking up Friday morning knowing that you only have to have a shower (if in Emperors Field), have brekkie and a couple of beers before the arena opens at midday.

You then get to experience all of Friday.....not missing out on the first couple oh hours sorting out your pitch.

139 days and counting til I'm in the fields.......

Will be going to KC for the first time this year after years of going to TiTP, looking forward to it . As a KC virgin, had a couple of quick questions:

1. Are there showers available for those in the 'traditional' campsite, or do you have to be in the Emperors Field to get access to a shower?

2. What is it like on Thursday night after you set up the tents? Do people tend to hang about the bar area and is there any music on at all, or stalls or anything like that?

1. Are there showers available for those in the 'traditional' campsite, or do you have to be in the Emperors Field to get access to a shower?

2. What is it like on Thursday night after you set up the tents? Do people tend to hang about the bar area and is there any music on at all, or stalls or anything like that?

Edited by MickL

2. In previous years the village green is open with a number of bars and food stalls available....there is a bit of music on but nothing much and a bit of impromptu entertertainment. You could say not much going on, but its good to start soaking up the atmosphere and also means you are raring to go first thing Friday morning.

Enjoy!!

Does anybody know if I can pitch a tent between the 2 campervans we are going in? I've bought 2 extra campervan tickets to get the 3 emporers fields bands for the people occupying the tent & to compensate for the space we will take up. (one band going spare if anybody wants it )

Don't want to presume I can & be dissapointed at the gates, never a good starting point to a festival.

If not I have 2 campervan tickets at face value needing a good home!!

x

Edited by SharonStoned

Ha ha. Me too. Last works Christmas bash I ever went on ended up dancing in a pissed up circle to Come on Eileen being groped by the boss/office perv. Decided there and then this wasn't for me.... 30 years down the line & I'm still scarred from the whole shebang !!!

Nope, wouldn't go and watch them

Bit harsh blaming Dexys for the actions of the pissed up office perv! Its a shame really...they're probably the first 2 songs that people think of when you say Dexys but everybody has heard them so many times they've become annoying...unfortunately, as you say, normally at work's xmas parties (and weddings & 50th birthday parties) when you're surrounded by drunken tools.

Really hoping for Puressence & We Are Augustines now...nobody has any objections to these do they?? Nobody's been flashed whilst they've been listening to 'I Suppose' on their i-pods...nobodies received a flirty text from an ex watching the video for 'Chapel Song'??

i've seen a few of the bands on the line up before and with the exception of the cure who i've never managed to catch theres little on there that id go out of my way to see.

saying that, Kasabian at kendal would have been great ! however unlikely

Edited by Flaminglippy

Can't understand how come Kasabian are headlining major festivals...they're alright, but they're not headliners for 80k capacity festivals. Can't figure out how they did it...

The Foo's on the other hand...Jesus! Just keep getting better and better.

While we're on the subject...I can't recommend the We Are Augustines album highly enough...its just brilliant

Can't understand how come Kasabian are headlining major festivals...they're alright, but they're not headliners for 80k capacity festivals. Can't figure out how they did it...

mostly by telling everyone just how wonderful they are despite the facts in the exact same way that Oasis did.

In fact it's precisely the thing I predicted they'd do after seeing them at a festival around the time they released their first album.

Rock n Roll? Nope, just working and sticking to a very old and tired plan. :lol:

When will tickets be sold out do you think? It's just my mum is planning on taking my two younger sisters and I think she's booking a tent in the deer lodge or something too which is extra on top of the price of the ticket. I can't remember when they sold out last year but it seems more popular with people now