Bar pricing...

Guest EARLROY

I think if you plotted profit-per-beer-sold against customer volume, it would be a kind of sawtooth graph. It'd steadily increase until you reached the perfect number of customers for your setup, then you'd have to hire more bar staff and the graph would drop down again, then it would climb, then you'd need more room, so it would drop again, and so on.

But I surely it's reasonable that a business should just about break even, after paying all its staff (assuming the owner also counts as staff)?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ofc it's reasonable a business should breakeven/make a profit for those who have risked it. It's just sometimes you go places and its hard to imagine the costs :).

Well your situation just seems mad for them to be able to do that. But I do agree , the supermarkets shouldn't be allowed to use booze as a loss leader. Its also how most people drink stupid abuse amounts to by not sitting in a civilized environment and going to the bar.

4quid a pint's a bit of a mental barrier, not sure I'm ready to go there yet. The first time i paid 3quid for a beer was at an R.E.M gig. That was traumatic enough at the time. I'm my student days I simply wouldn't go to pubs that chaged over 2quid.

Well your situation just seems mad for them to be able to do that. But I do agree , the supermarkets shouldn't be allowed to use booze as a loss leader. Its also how most people drink stupid abuse amounts to by not sitting in a civilized environment and going to the bar.

This is a problem with a general statement - it could be a pint of anything plus its not clear which bar the pint was bought in

there is no way in the main bars will it be £ 4.80 for normal lager - lager was £ 4 at Bob Dylan so that is a good indication but will not find out until I am onsite tomorrow.

This is a problem with a general statement - it could be a pint of anything plus its not clear which bar the pint was bought in

there is no way in the main bars will it be £ 4.80 for normal lager - lager was £ 4 at Bob Dylan so that is a good indication but will not find out until I am onsite tomorrow.

I thought it was excessive. Maybe it's priced higher for those wanting a cheeky few before the festival actually starts?

Will you be able to post what the prices are once your onsite or will you have no internet access?

I was hoping it wouldn't be more than £4.50 max, can't remember what the cider bus was last year!

• 3 months later...