Bar pricing...

Guest EARLROY

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KL - yes, but proper draught Tribute is 1000% better than a tin!!

We are hoping to bring a barrel of local beer up from Cornwall for our camp, will see if the plan comes off. We took a barrel to End Of The Road last year and after about 4 or 5 hours settling it was great, and kept us in ale all weekend, with just the odd pint from the bars when we couldn't be bothered to go back to camp for supplies :)

Do you want to bet ?

I have 22 years experience working at festival bars and no year did the price of drink fall.

its irrelevant what you were charging as the license fee would be tiny { the one you worked at had a capacity of 10,000 } compared to Glastonbury { which was double the fee they charged in 2009 }

Sure there may be some years where drinks did not go up but they never went back the way.

Its a really daft statement to make as the price of drink varies at nearly every event I work at due to the overheads and if its a closed arena or not.

oh i just thought that once prices went up at one festival, they tend to go up round others because they think they can get away with it so the bar is raised.

i figured that obviously festivals aren't going to charge much less than the highest price their competitors are charging because they'll make less profit. and won't charge too much for fear of bad reputation. therefore, prices will be pretty much the same across festivals in a season. plus there's things like sponsorship by the alcohol companies which mean prices have to be similar.

i'm going from festival experience aswell, prices tend to be very similar at a range of different festivals over one summer.

but i'm sure you know best. but without being exact i wouldnt expect to pay more than £4.10 for a pint of cider.

Hi Guys

Well there is site wide pricing on draft Tuborg and Gaymers, which i believe this year is £4.00 and £4.20 respectively.

All other prices are at the discretion of the individual bar... we're as always obviously very nicely priced for all your other options :D

See you all there very soon!

The Bimble Inn x

(We're in the Park if you dont already know!!!)

Hi Guys

Well there is site wide pricing on draft Tuborg and Gaymers, which i believe this year is £4.00 and £4.20 respectively.

All other prices are at the discretion of the individual bar... we're as always obviously very nicely priced for all your other options :D

The Bimble Inn x

Hi Guys

The Bimble Inn x