glastonbury dvd

Guest Roo_85

clarebear and i watched the glasto dvd last night with a some wine and beer and i must say it was a very good watch.

i seen it on amazin for a couple of pound.

it gave a really good insight into the history of the festival

Glastonbury-(DVD).jpg

Am I the only person who doesn't really like it? Never seems to capture the essence of the festival for me.

However, I watched 'Almost Famous' while I was doing ym ironing this evening, so I'm feeling like running away with a rock n roll band now.

I flipping love the DVD.

It really does well by on one hand giving an insight into the Glastonbury experience and also a history lesson of where the festival has come from.

Also, it's impossible not to think Mr Eavis is the coolest mofo alive, for instance when there was the interview with the Mendip council representative saying how the fest has breached a number of conditions and then the cut to Eavis and the genius comment.

"Well we're very happy it is so successful but surely you cant criticise us for doing something well?"

I watched it last night, with my mum, who is going (if her leg is ok) to her first Glasto this year.

Her comment was "Do you see much nudity at Glasto?" :lol::lol: bless her, what does she think we do there!!!

Tis ok I say, however, and u may see why by my avatar and that of all round rain hater... that as it was made in 2005/06 and called upon a fairly recent phenomenon of mass home movie makers. It had far too many videos of mud and rain. To me that isn't Glasto. The flippin intro has the sound of walking through the mud ffs!

It s kinda like the sensationalist media we get saying Glastonbury = mud and all that shnit. I hate that :angry:

Anyhoo, not a bad film I spose...