Old Gits Meet 2011

Guest DaveMac

Should it be Wednesday or Thursday?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Should the OGM be on Wednesday or Thursday?

• Wednesday
    • Thursday
    • Either day

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm aiming at coming along because I'm a lot older than I think I am. Also hoping to make the falsh mob as the performance will be so improved with my dulcet tones.

LOL < see, I'm down with the kids

ATTENTION ALL OLD GITS AND HAGS - FINAL REMINDER !!!!

(Repeated from earlier post)

As we are a large group of people of diverse tastes it will be impossible to cater for everyone's particular evening entertainment requirements alas.

The MOST important thing is for people to come along, have a good time and meet new likeminded friends and leave with some positive memories.

DON'T be shy - come and say hello and join in with the general randomness of the event. B)

I know a number of people coming already who are thoroughly nice people so please don't feel worried/excluded - whatever age you are!

I am hoping lots of photos are taken across the evening - possibly some people will post a few here after we get back from Glasto.,

The intention, for me, is to start the ball rolling so here is my basic plan:

1) We meet at the cider bus around 6.30pm on Thurday as a starting point. If you have a Victor Meldrew mask (as suggested) wear it for Id.

Also I have a small memento badge for the first 50 people. (small donations welcomed - profits to Wateraid ):)

A few of us oldies will be interviewed for Radio Somerset (see previous posts) ;)

2) About 7.45pm we wander over to The Stonebridge Bar in the Park area for a dance about to 70's tunes.

3) About 9.30pm we go over to the Avalon Bar

4) Around 11pm we meet with lots of other efest people in 'The Snake Pit' in Shangri-la for a dance about/crazy time!

( I have bought some stick on tattoos (needed for entry into the Snake-Pit) for anyone wanting one - again donation to Wateraid)

This of course won't be to everyone's taste but we are at Glastonbury and everyone is looking for their own good experience so I expect people to come and go throughout the evening. I myself want to pop up to the Stone Circle about 9.10pm to be part of the Flashmob event for probably 20 mins.

I am sure some people will attend all bits of the Meet whilst others come and go.

Please understand this is NOT a highly organised event with a team making things happen - it is just me and whoever else wants to help out. :)

I won't be hearding everyone about as people at Glasto tend to do their own thing whatever and there are distractions throughout the evening as well as possible weather issues..

I intend to have a good time. I will be wearing my 'DaveMac' efest tee shirt and will have a small sign showing that this is the efestivals 2011 OGM.

I look forward to seeing you all on Thursday at the Cider Bus. Lets make this a sucess ! :D

Best Wishes

Dave

PS Location of Cider Bus B)

cider%20bus.png

Edited by DaveMac

Hey everyone,

Would love you to join you on Thursday if that's okay?

I like people who are friendly and can put a decent plan together :)

We'll be wearing our E-fest t-shirts and I'll try and knock up some

D-I-Y Victor Meldrew masks too.

Looking forward to it!

Sharon

Thanks to everyone who turned up last Thursday night and helped make 'The Old Gits and Hags Meet' a great success ! :D

We all had a lot of fun and I know lots of people made new friends too !

I am hoping someone will post some photos as I didn't take any unfortunately ...

Anyway about £25 was raised from the badges sale which went to WaterAid. :)

The highlight for me was when we wre dancing away to Fleetwood Mac in Victor Meldrew masks at the Stone Bridge Bar - some classic moments there with lots of people photographing and videoing us 'going for it ' :lol:

Best OGM yet - I really enjoyed myself ! :)B):D

Edited by DaveMac

You can listen again to an excellent Dave Mac interview with BBC Radio Somerset here http://www.bbc.co.uk...d_The_Old_Gits/

The interview starts about 2.05 into the programme (That's 2 hours and five minutes).

Edited by grumpyhack

I was so sorry not to be able to make the meet - too much of an old hag to cope with the mud trugging :(:(

Nice to meet some of you though, did take some photies in Camp T before you left :

gallery_36422_1058_1454481.jpg

I think it was L-R DavetheRave, Venus, ??, STaberinde

More in here :

/index.php?app=gallery&module=user&user=36422&do=view_album&album=1058">http://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/index.php?app=gallery&module=user&user=36422&do=view_album&album=1058

You can listen again to an excellent Dave Mac interview with BBC Radio Somerset here http://www.bbc.co.uk...d_The_Old_Gits/

The interview starts about 2.05 into the programme (That's 2 hours and five minutes).

More photos *HERE* courtesy of angelofharlem B)

Ignore the one of me - I look like a crazy person lol. :ph34r:

here are a few to give you an idea anyway...

DSC03252.jpg

DSC03255.jpg

DSC03272.jpg

:)

Edited by DaveMac