Can workers set up camp in public fields before Wed?

Guest lola_bobz

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about if workers and non workers are planning to share their camping space/tent accommodation?

Would it be possible for workers to move camp on wed morning to public areas? or even non workers to get into the workers area so they can share accommodation on the workers camp?

What about if workers and non workers are planning to share their camping space/tent accommodation?

Would it be possible for workers to move camp on wed morning to public areas? or even non workers to get into the workers area so they can share accommodation on the workers camp?

Half empty camping areas in popular areas like at bottom of Pennards are frustrating to see, could this be solved by removing tents on Tuesday night? I assume a lot of crew will want to camp with their friends when their friends arrive, so maybe not. Certainly it seems fair to me they should be allowed to pitch tents from the same time everyone else starts coming through the gates. This would still give them a huge advantage, as getting to be first at the gates is a massive effort now. The idea that many crew can lay down many tents before anyone else is on site is one I hate.

Even allowing them to setup for mates once the gates open is a really huge advantage as you say. I mean you could reserve any amount of space before the first punters could even get to those fields with getting armbands and trekking there. In which case it doesn't seem worth the bother not letting them set up early as you still get the same end result.

The only other way would be not to let them setup in public fields at all and insist they use crew camping which may not go down too well I shouldn't think.

I assume this is how the Pyramid Palace gets the same spot every year no ?

I don't partucalarly care either way but it does annoy me when I see huge roped off crew areas that are empty and everyone else squeezed in like sardines.

Half empty camping areas in popular areas like at bottom of Pennards are frustrating to see, could this be solved by removing tents on Tuesday night? I assume a lot of crew will want to camp with their friends when their friends arrive, so maybe not. Certainly it seems fair to me they should be allowed to pitch tents from the same time everyone else starts coming through the gates. This would still give them a huge advantage, as getting to be first at the gates is a massive effort now. The idea that many crew can lay down many tents before anyone else is on site is one I hate.

Even allowing them to setup for mates once the gates open is a really huge advantage as you say. I mean you could reserve any amount of space before the first punters could even get to those fields with getting armbands and trekking there. In which case it doesn't seem worth the bother not letting them set up early as you still get the same end result.

The only other way would be not to let them setup in public fields at all and insist they use crew camping which may not go down too well I shouldn't think.

I assume this is how the Pyramid Palace gets the same spot every year no ?

I don't partucalarly care either way but it does annoy me when I see huge roped off crew areas that are empty and everyone else squeezed in like sardines.

Think the issue in past years wasn't that they were crowding it, or they didn't want them mixing with us, it was the fact they were turning up with tents for 20 to 30 mates and blocking off huge areas before any ticket buying people could get it.

So I reckon it's fair enough - nothing to stop you joining mates from Wed onwards.

But then again I can be a miserable sob (down with the flags etc) so ignore me ;)

The Oxfam stewards have been told that we won't be allowed to camp in the public areas at any time during the festival. Any tents in the public areas on Tuesday night will be removed, and apparently the gate security teams will be stopping people with workers wristbands from bringing camping equipment through even after the gates open.

I can see all sorts of problems with enforcing this - "I'm just helping a friend carry his stuff from the car", or "but my mate hasn't got his own tent so he needs to share mine". If a worker can get a paying punter to carry their tent through the gates then there is not much that can stop them.

Personally I'm quite happy to be in the Oxfam field for the showers, phone chargers, excellent caterer and being just 50 metres from my car.

The Oxfam stewards have been told that we won't be allowed to camp in the public areas at any time during the festival. Any tents in the public areas on Tuesday night will be removed, and apparently the gate security teams will be stopping people with workers wristbands from bringing camping equipment through even after the gates open.

I can see all sorts of problems with enforcing this - "I'm just helping a friend carry his stuff from the car", or "but my mate hasn't got his own tent so he needs to share mine". If a worker can get a paying punter to carry their tent through the gates then there is not much that can stop them.

Personally I'm quite happy to be in the Oxfam field for the showers, phone chargers, excellent caterer and being just 50 metres from my car.

Most of the tents you see in the public area ' before the gates open ' have arrived more than likely via vehicles who have onsite access.

its one thing to stop tents being put up in public areas but many traders arrive and have no intention is pitching tents in the public area so it would be impossible to go though every vehicle.