The Park Special Guests: Rumour Round up

Guest cheeseisamazing

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that's not correct. Sat where I'm sat I know that for certain.

What you say is the case with the Reading/Leeds headliners this year, but generally when a promoter says "exclusive" it means precisely that (tho normally related to a particular territory - such as 'UK' or 'English').

With regard to The Killers and HRC, my guess is that HRC will have had to pay an amount that's significantly over their normal (commercial) festival headlining fee, because The Killers will know (by the late booking) that they're a fill-in headliner, as well as the fact that they're doing this show as a 'special' at a time when they're not meant to be doing any shows.

From HRC's side of things, with The Killers being such a (compared to what's normal) late announcement which doesn't give much time to sell the tickets, and (I'm guessing) with them having had to pay an overly large fee, their want is very likely to be exclusivity so that their spend on that big fee is protected as much as it can be.

Guest blackcockerel

To be honest I didn't take that as a hint at all. Especially since apparently his response was exactly the same for Radiohead as for Pulp.

But I would sure love it to have been a hint...

Of course, by the time Sat at glasto comes round, HRC would have come and gone though. So it wouldn't matter!

that's not correct either.

If it was to become known that they're playing Glasto then some people with Glasto tickets who might have also bought tickets for HRC to see them won't then buy those HRC tickets.

Promoters don't insist on exclusivity clauses for no reason - they do it to help ensure that their own event is as financially successful as it's possible to be. If other events are competing against their own then their sales suffer as a result.

that's not correct either.

If it was to become known that they're playing Glasto then some people with Glasto tickets who might have also bought tickets for HRC to see them won't then buy those HRC tickets.

Promoters don't insist on exclusivity clauses for no reason - they do it to help ensure that their own event is as financially successful as it's possible to be. If other events are competing against their own then their sales suffer as a result.

that's not correct. Sat where I'm sat I know that for certain.

What you say is the case with the Reading/Leeds headliners this year, but generally when a promoter says "exclusive" it means precisely that (tho normally related to a particular territory - such as 'UK' or 'English').

their spend on that big fee is protected as much as it can be.

This bit is correct. Not only festival exclusives but also tours. Headliners (and some sub headliners) aren't allowed to tour for 6 months prior to the festival date and not allowed to even announce a tour that's happening months after until the festival date has passed. (ala The Darkness this week)

This bit is correct. Not only festival exclusives but also tours. Headliners (and some sub headliners) aren't allowed to tour for 6 months prior to the festival date and not allowed to even announce a tour that's happening months after until the festival date has passed. (ala The Darkness this week)

Pulp have to be in pole position rumourwise. Only thing I will say is that I don't know why everyone's so convinced it'll be the Saturday - theres been no real indicators what day theyll play and there's an unusually long 45 minute gap before Friday's Special Guests.

Would love PJ Harvey to play - surprised she's not on the bill and would be nigh on perfect for a Park slot.