Smokers

Guest chopper4001

There seems to be a fairly good choice of almost everything on site (cant wait to hit the real ale tents), but I've found nothing about tobacconists?

Are there any? I mean, can you buy cigars? Pipe tobacco? Not that I smoke a pipe necessarily, but I quite like the odd corona.

What sort of price do you pay for cigarettes, and is there a choice (Marlboro Red or Marlboro Lights is no choice)?

there's a number of general 'shops' around the site that sell just about everything, including cigarettes and tobacco - tho I'm not sure about cigars. I can't remember if the prices are more than on the 'high street', but if they are they're not stupidly expensive.

They have a fairly decent range of brands, tho by the end of the festival they might have sold out of many of them.

There seems to be a fairly good choice of almost everything on site (cant wait to hit the real ale tents), but I've found nothing about tobacconists?

Are there any? I mean, can you buy cigars? Pipe tobacco? Not that I smoke a pipe necessarily, but I quite like the odd corona.

What sort of price do you pay for cigarettes, and is there a choice (Marlboro Red or Marlboro Lights is no choice)?

As a smoker myself there is no way I would show up without supplies as I know they don't stock my brand and two even if they perviously did I would not take the gamble that they current do.

Funny enough I was working in the guest area a few years ago when a Customer asked about cigars - I pointed him to one of the shopping ares although I did say it was a slim chance - later on he did mention that he was able to buy some but what brand I don't have a clue.

So take the advice of others and bring your own.

I would normally get someone to get me a load of duty free before a festival, but thats not going to happen this year, nor is it that cheap anymore. £8 a pack isn't a million miles away from what you'd pay anyway (£6/£7), but I was always planning on taking some beforehand with me.

5 days of pretty hard drinking is going to eat up the cigarette supplies though.

Good news on the cigars though. I like a cuban cigar in the morning. Sets the lungs up for the day!

:blink:

There are vendors on many paths, selling fags and Stella at high street prices.

Or at least, there were prior to the superfence going up.

Edit: sorry. That's not helpful is it? This pretty much doesn't happen any more.

Edited by ukslim

Those days are well gone.

The 24 hour shops sell most things and have a very small selection of cigars (talking just the big sellers on the high street), fags there are a selection of popular brands and same with baccie. I find them to be very expensive though, seem to recall that for mayfair it was nearly 50% more than I pay at my local shop for 20 the last couple of years. Where I am a pack of 20 has only just broke the £6 barrier, last year it was just over a fiver for a pack and 8 quid seemed excessive to me, I'm expecting it to be around a tenner a pack this year and am stocking up on duty free baccie and a sleeve for the week.

There is limited, expensive choice!

It's mainly Camels that are sold on site - was told last year that there are no Marlboro for sale on the whole site for ethical reasons...not quite sure that any tobacco company is particularly ethical, but there you go!

In short - take all you will need with you. And then take loads more, just in case!

My OH and I started smoking again after 3 years quit in2009. Cost us a fortune buying on site - no malboros as far as we remember from official yellow stalls. Think it was camels and way more expensive than local supermarket. Last year we stocked up in supermarket beforehand - kept most in the lock-ups. Probably the most expensive item we had with us!

I remember last year I went for what I thought were the cheapest brand, Richmonds. Cost me £7.50 a pack. One of the most expensive festivals for smokers. Even T In The Park was a fiver, with a lighter thrown in.