Sundrive Hire (Camper Van / Motorhome Hire) Anyone Used Them?

Guest Morse Code

I wonder if you understand these two posts are mutually exclusive? Make a sentence of the words; Superscally does not know his arse his elbow from.

Well the grammar lessons have been free, if you want logic lessons you'll have to go back to adult ed. or pay me in cold hard cash.

Talking of which, I wonder what the logical conclusion is when someone has to pimp out their van on the internet?

Clearly either you've no mates who want it, or they all know it's a turd on wheels (most likely both, draw your own Venn diagram).

Oh you'll surely be there to look at their insurance and take the money, but where will you be when the engine is on fire on the M6? Probably erroneously correcting their grammar while they ask if you've got any plans to replace the flaming rust bucket they've risked their lives in.

Ever thought about starting a company?

How about 'Scally Drive Hire'? I hear there are some cheap virtual offices in Shrewsbury.

Edited by Superscally

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the subject of my van, it passed its MOT 2 months ago, 1 month before I bought it. It's running perfectly and once I get it back from being fitted out, reupholstered and tuned I wouldn't even let a Philistine like you cast your eyes upon it. As regards where I'd be when the van was on fire? I'd like to believe that I'd be in another dimension, as barring a major accident, it wouldn't happen. There is a fire extinguisher in the van, as recommended in all motorhomes,(maybe even in Sundrive campers) whether vintage or brand new. I also have full breakdown cover and fully comprehensive insurance. If a fire occurred due to a fault of the van, as determined by insurance investigators, I would of course refund all money paid, a point which will be specified in the contract of hire. As my "office" is located in my house, breaking such a contract would be considered foolhardy.

Question remains is what are they doing with all those credit card details ?

Seems very odd that there is no evidence of anyone actually being ripped off or losing out in any way.

However there is still no evidence of anyone actually hiring or even seeing a camper.

Anyone have any clue what is going on with this Sundrive Hire company ?

Edited by JodiB

Question remains is what are they doing with all those credit card details ?

Seems very odd that there is no evidence of anyone actually being ripped off or losing out in any way.

However there is still no evidence of anyone actually hiring or even seeing a camper.

Anyone have any clue what is going on with this Sundrive Hire company ?

Whilst eFests is now something like the fourth highest returned result of Googling Sundrive Hire (which in itself ought to say something!), "all this bad press" seems confined to here, MoneySavingExpert and MotorhomeFacts as far as I can see.

There'd be no point in taking the money and running now, if that were their intention - there's a long summer ahead. Given this is a festivals-oriented site I wouldn't expect any anecdotal evidence, one way or the other, for a month or so yet.

Edited by BenchBuddah

Looked at the cached page for MotorhomeFacts, selected comments are:

I have now canceled it with my bank as when i ring they cant tell me anything and also wanted whole payment for booking. when asked if we coulod view it was told it was a long way from us. just doesnt feel right.

i have phoned the police and they are looking into it they have been to the address where its ment to be. They are not a listed company i just hope that not to many people have booked with them if there is something wong. they could even tell me who i would be insurced with when i would be driving it.

Seems everyone is getting stuck into this firm. I hope they are above board and everyone gets their motorhomes for Glasto but as the expression goes, If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.

To anyone who has given their card details, address etc I would still be worried about the fraud I outlined in an earlier post which I have quoted again below.

I would recommend you cancel your card and advise the issuer you have used the card with a company you now have financial concerns about.

Fraudulent transactions can appear straight away or take a matter of months, it is not worth the risk by waiting to see what happens, just cancel the card and avoid any repercussions. :(

Only just spotted this jameshunt and yes it is even more dodgy that no monies have been taken, unless they have not yet signed up to a merchant service to enable them to do so.

The biggest scam is to sell lists of card numbers complete with all the card member details. These will then be used to purchase airline tickets for last minute inbound travel from Africa to the UK. The traveller is usually innocent having bought the ticket from a 3rd party.

I truly hope this is not the case.

Course you were... I expect your mum believes you when you pull this one.

And remember this gem?

Looks like the PhD in Grammology course missed out the whole pluralisation vs possession issue sho 'nuff. You should have paid the 'Buy It Now' price for that eBay degree.

Might i suggest that you are just another wannabe hypocrite self-appointed grammar policeman, sadly not really up to the task?

From now on, before StonedCircle or yourself think about posting on some minor irrelevance, THINK...

grammar_nazi.jpg

Back to the matter in hand, for those interested in the TOPIC OF THIS BOARD and not some pathetic troll / deathtrap purveyor...

I spoke to trading standards a couple of days ago, to see if they could give me any info. / have any influence.

Unfortunately, it seems due to government cuts it's now impossible to speak to anyone with any consumer knowledge. I was put through to a helpline called 'Consumer Direct', who took the details but said that no one would be able to contact me to tell me the outcome of the investigation. I was left with the feeling that the report would get scrunched up into a little ball and thrown into one of those little hoops over a grey metal bin. They appear to have no e-mail address to actually start a useful dialogue.

It looks like the next step might be the Action Fraud helpline, where it's also possible to report anonymously. However it's a pretty serious step that can only be taken by someone who has suffered some kind of monetary loss. I'm not aware that we've had anyone on here who actually says they've lost money, or been clearly defrauded.

That's where I am, and for those reasons I'm out. Or something like that.

(PS StuporScally /StonedCircle - I'm sure I've made numerous typos and grammatical errors here - they are deliberate of course, but when you've found them, if you're feeling really masochistic, why not start a new topic and we can play there. That way only you get hurt, and we won't distract these nice people? :rolleyes:)

Edited by Superscally