Sundrive Hire (Camper Van / Motorhome Hire) Anyone Used Them?

Guest Morse Code

Perhaps you should have just jogged on, eh?

Yes and you're getting it wrong again - why would anyone capitalise pot here? Is it just another cut and paste?

Let me know when you start.

That's OK, leave the big words in. They're my favourite remember. Why not just scan it in? I didn't know Kingston Poly had started issuing PhDs in w*nking. Dissertation on 'W*nking in Unsafe Campervans in the Twentieth Century' maybe? Interesting viva I bet.

Even if no one else is impressed, your mum might be. The anticipation is killing me. :D

P.S.

Martin Amis must be shaking in his boots. Don't give up the day job. (McDonald's?)

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What an unpleasant thread this has become. Perhaps that was GlastoHoliday's intention all along? Obviously they couldn't backup the company with references but could disrupt one of the hottest threads on this topic on the web.

For the sake of those who have given their credit card details, has anyone got any further researching this company and establishing its veracity or not?

For those of us not distracted by the above and still keeping a beady eye on SunDrive, here's my latest:

Quite a few people i know have booked through SunDrive, no one i know has been turned away due to no availability - quite strange on what you would expect to be one of the busiest weeks for motorhomes.

They claim to have a fleet of motorhomes (90+ to be exact) and claim their fleet is underwritten by LV.

The broker who issued their policy confirmed they do have a policy in place, but only convering 5 vehicles. They claim that sundrive plan on upping the number of vehicles in the coming months, but the broker has been unsuccessful in meeting face to face with anyone from SunDrive through various attempts.

Ive emailed them twice now with my issues and had no response to my problems.

A friends who booked via them called to cancel, and sure enough had money refunded within 4 working days.

They're now showing up under 'my voucher codes' when you google them.

All very strange!

For those of us not distracted by the above and still keeping a beady eye on SunDrive, here's my latest:

Quite a few people i know have booked through SunDrive, no one i know has been turned away due to no availability - quite strange on what you would expect to be one of the busiest weeks for motorhomes.

They claim to have a fleet of motorhomes (90+ to be exact) and claim their fleet is underwritten by LV.

The broker who issued their policy confirmed they do have a policy in place, but only convering 5 vehicles. They claim that sundrive plan on upping the number of vehicles in the coming months, but the broker has been unsuccessful in meeting face to face with anyone from SunDrive through various attempts.

Ive emailed them twice now with my issues and had no response to my problems.

A friends who booked via them called to cancel, and sure enough had money refunded within 4 working days.

They're now showing up under 'my voucher codes' when you google them.

All very strange!

For what it's worth, and IMHO, I booked because they were cheap, but now I've unbooked. I don't think they are a scam per se, selling card details as StoneCircle suspects.

Rather, I suspect they have a few vans and are trying to get others on the cheap (hire to sub-hire, not buy). They will offer alternatives at the last minute, or let people down. They will make a few quid on the hire, plus they will charge through the nose for damage / time over etc. (is £50 / hour or part thereof standard? Seems a lot.)

For the disappointed, they will use the old 'victims of our own success' sob story, but stay on the right side of the law.

I posted sometime ago that I would report when I saw a vehicle of theirs.

Sundrive did finally deliver a motorhome to my house for me to view. It wasn't the model I have booked unfortunately though they did warn me of that in advance. So I still have to hope that they will deliver the reserved Swift Voyager in good condition in July as promised. I have maintained my booking so far and until now they have not taken a penny from me. I may be stupid to trust these guys but they have tried to deal with my concerns and requests so far.

We hired a 5 berth campervan from Sundrive for the Easter weekend. Price was very good

and condition clean and comfortable. They dropped the vehicle off and collected it as

requested. On arrival, we noticed that the fold-out step did not work and contracted them.

No-one came to fix it. When we arrived home we received a call from the MD, apologising and

offered a 6 berth luxury campervan for 4 days free of charge. I would say on a whole - we

had a well-worth experience hiring a campervan and would do it again with the same company.

Kids had a fantastatic time and enjoy sleeping in the upper camp bed.

We hired a 5 berth campervan from Sundrive for the Easter weekend. Price was very good

and condition clean and comfortable. They dropped off the vehicle and collected as requested.

Well-worth the money and had a good experience hiring a campervan for the first time.

Driver explained all that we needed to know. Side door step was faulty, we contracted them,

no one came to fix it.

On our return the MD called and apologise. He offered a 6 berth luxury campervan for four days

free of charge. Thank you Sundrive. Would hire a campervan from them again.

and condition clean and comfortable. They dropped off the vehicle and collected as requested.

Well-worth the money and had a good experience hiring a campervan for the first time.

Driver explained all that we needed to know. Side door step was faulty, we contracted them,

no one came to fix it.

On our return the MD called and apologise. He offered a 6 berth luxury campervan for four days

I suspect they have a few vans and are trying to get others on the cheap (hire to sub-hire, not buy). They will offer alternatives at the last minute, or let people down. They will make a few quid on the hire, plus they will charge through the nose for damage / time over etc. (is £50 / hour or part thereof standard? Seems a lot.)

For the disappointed, they will use the old 'victims of our own success' sob story, but stay on the right side of the law.

Just hypothesising.

no one came to fix it.

Edited by Morse Code

So far:

- Proprietor undisclosed

- Contact point is a 'drop box'

- Website content copied from established company.

- 'Incorrect Address' reported for London van yard. Address doesn't exist.

- Suspect IP address logs on forum posts 'supporting' the outfit.

- No real van photos

- Discrepency of 85 vans between the claimed fleet (90) and what a poster suggests are actually insured (5).

- 'Press Release' with no contact information.

Not too sure what to think of this but I just googled sundrive hire and clicked on the link that came up. However it said 'safari could not open the page as the server could not be found'

Now I'm no computer expert but ............. Make of this what you will!

"On arrival, we noticed that the fold-out step did not work and contracted them.

No-one came to fix it. When we arrived home we received a call from the MD, apologising and

offered a 6 berth luxury campervan for 4 days free of charge."

That is very VERY generous compensation for a relatively minor problem. Sounds like bollocks to me. :)

This weekend I have been driving all around the motorway network and some major A roads (M1, M5, A38, M4 and M25 for starters) and I thought that I'd see if there were any Sundrive Hire stickered vans travelling around. Didn't see one on my travels but saw plenty of other company branded ones. I know it's not a scientific/exhaustive trial but...

This weekend I have been driving all around the motorway network and some major A roads (M1, M5, A38, M4 and M25 for starters) and I thought that I'd see if there were any Sundrive Hire stickered vans travelling around. Didn't see one on my travels but saw plenty of other company branded ones. I know it's not a scientific/exhaustive trial but...