Sundrive Hire (Camper Van / Motorhome Hire) Anyone Used Them?

Guest Morse Code

This weekend I have been driving all around the motorway network and some major A roads (M1, M5, A38, M4 and M25 for starters) and I thought that I'd see if there were any Sundrive Hire stickered vans travelling around. Didn't see one on my travels but saw plenty of other company branded ones. I know it's not a scientific/exhaustive trial but...

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sundrivehire – Exclusive Offer for existing Efestival Forum users. Hire in May and receive a 5% discount on advertised prices.

Dear Forum users,

Due to the bad press which has been created as a result of this forum, we have experienced a number of booking cancelations and we now have more availability this month than we had anticipated. To existing Efestivals forum users we can now offer a 5% discount to fill the void on bookings taken on or after 5th May 2011.

Whilst it is unfortunate that a number a customers have cancelled bookings after reading certain negative posts here, I hope that something positive can come out of this situation and to this end I am reaching out to those committed forum users, who genuinely have an Interest in hiring a Motorhome or Campervan. Please try our service for yourself and then feel free to comment on the experience after having committed to and fulfilled a booking with us. We would welcome your genuine complements and or criticisms.

As you may be aware a number of posts have been placed on this forum from genuine customers, who have hired vehicles from us in the past. However it seems that the moment someone confirms that they have used our service or has anything positive to say about the business, they are then questioned as to their authenticity. This is totally unfair.

Another Press Release will soon be available for the public to view in order to outline a range of developments and changes within the business, however in the meantime we will do our upmost to accommodate bookings from existing forum users throughout May.

Philip Haynes

Public Relations Manager

Sundrivehire

Having just read your lastest post and seen the wonderful offer you have made to all the Efestival Forum users i have a suggestion for you that would put to bed the concern people are having with your company..

Next weekend i will be going to the Bearded Theory festival, now all you have to do is to hire me COMPLETELY FREE OF CHARGE a 4 berth campervan, delivered to and collected from my home address, i will then write a full report on the standard of van and the service you have provided.

if you would like to accecpt my offer please PM me :):):)

Sundrivehire – Exclusive Offer for existing Efestival Forum users. Hire in May and receive a 5% discount on advertised prices.

Dear Forum users,

<snip>

Dear Sundrive.

People here don't want special offers - your prices are already waaaaay below the industry norm - and that's a part of the problem!! They want solid info, and then they might have more confidence in believing that you're all you claim.

Useful stuff would be...

1. your REAL address and not just a drop-box office.

2. the yard(s) where the 90 vehicles you claim to have are kept.

3. information of your insurer, who will be able to confirm your insurance for those 90 vehicles.

4. and anything else you can think of which can be properly verified and would give your potential customers confidence in your services.

It would also be useful for you to admit that, contrary to your claim in this thread, you have never contacted efestivals directly about this matter. The more incorrect information you give, the less trust people have in you.

Hi all,

I used this company after looking around at various others to hire a motorhome for my family and myself for a wedding the weekend just gone. I decided to go for the Voyager as this seemed perfectly suited to the needs of my little family (hubby and two kids) and the price quoted for the weedend was brilliant. They gave me all the information I needed to make the whole process painfree and simple, they delivered it on time (give or take 10 mins) and the guy that dropped it off was really friendly and helpful. I'd have no problems recommending them to my friends and really can't see why lots of people on here seem to have such a hard on for this company... come on are you competitors or what...

Hi all,

I used this company after looking around at various others to hire a motorhome for my family and myself for a wedding the weekend just gone. I decided to go for the Voyager as this seemed perfectly suited to the needs of my little family (hubby and two kids) and the price quoted for the weedend was brilliant. They gave me all the information I needed to make the whole process painfree and simple, they delivered it on time (give or take 10 mins) and the guy that dropped it off was really friendly and helpful. I'd have no problems recommending them to my friends and really can't see why lots of people on here seem to have such a hard on for this company... come on are you competitors or what...

Nope, not competitors. Just concerned that the info they give seems more than a little odd.

Where are you based Jill?

Nope, not competitors. Just concerned that the info they give seems more than a little odd.

Where are you based Jill?

[/quote

I'm sure you've checked my IP Address by now, (as you seem to have done that before, and which is, in my opinion just a tad creepy) but just in case you haven't I'll save you the trouble and tell you I'm in the Gatwick area, although I don't see the relevance of that... Suffice to say, I've used them, they're fine, enough said.

You may wish to call me cynical HappyCamperJill, but why have you joined this forum which is Glastonbury related to advise us you hired a campervan/minibus for a wedding?

Nothing creepy about the site owner checking up on IP addresses, we don't want any spam getting on here now do we! :lol:

I'm sure you've checked my IP Address by now, (as you seem to have done that before, and which is, in my opinion just a tad creepy) but just in case you haven't I'll save you the trouble and tell you I'm in the Gatwick area, although I don't see the relevance of that... Suffice to say, I've used them, they're fine, enough said.

I have - because this is exactly the sort of thread that dubious posts appear within - but didn't get anywhere with finding out anything of much use, which is why I asked.

The more solid info there is about them, the more confidence thgeir potential customers can have in them. It's not Sundrive themselves have done a great job - or any job at all - in lessening the concerns that have been raised about them.

As you will see from my previous post I've used this company, and didn't have a problem with them, and can't see why people on here that seemingly haven't even used them appear to have an enormous amount to say (apparently unfounded), and this I cant understand. And also what I can't understand is why someone would want a complete stranger to post pictures of their children. Why would anybody want to do that, when you could potentially have all sorts of freaks ogling them... yes I have photos of my children on the weekend we have just had, with the camper van, but no I'm not about to let any old Tom Dick or Gary Glitter look at personal photos of my children... sorry, get your kicks elsewhere!

What's been said about them here is perfectly understandable. Their website has (or had) lifted materials from other - known for sure as genuine - similar websites, the address they give they don't actually physically operate from, they claim 90 vans but aren't able to say where the vans are stored (or, if the post giving a London address is accurate, have given a non-existing address), etc, etc, etc.

It's unsurprising that people have concerns about them, particularly when those concerns could be easily addressed by Sundrive if they wished to put those concerns to bed, but haven't done.

(as for the pictures of your kids, anyone sick-minded enough to want to view kids in that way could get their kicks simply by looking out of their window).

Edited by eFestivals

Hi all,

Edited by oldbird

Hi all,

An interesting lesson on how to make friends and influence people!

We have no reason to think you are a fraud any more than we have to trust that you are genuine but bearing in mind what has gone before your attitude hasn't helped. If it was your intention to help people on this forum that have booked with Sundrivehire and reassure them that their money is safe and, probably more importantly for most, so is their Glastonbury accommodation, then I'm afraid you have failed miserably.

I'm sorry to say though that it sounds far more likely that you are yet another stooge put forward merely to continue this charade. Take offence as you will.

No-one asked you to post photo's of your kids by the way and you must have looked long and hard to find something else that you could take offence at as that post was made some time ago. The suggestion was made because for all the bluster of numerous previous 'satisfied customers' absolutely nothing has changed here since this thread started.

Of course if you had a photo of a sundrivehire voyager van, in a field, any field, with no kids (or even any humans) then I'm sure that would suffice.

I have cancelled my booking with Sundrive. I have no proof that this is a scam but I was just not willing to take the chance of them ruining our festival. I have found another van which involves me driving 2 hours in the wrong direction and it's costing me and extra £100 but it is worth it for the piece of mind. I hope for the sake of everyone who has given their details that this is legit and that the get their vans.

Oh dear.

I guess we'll have to wait for another newbie to register with another amazingly appropriate username: Glasto_Holiday, HappyCamper, SundriveReallyArentScammers, I'mAmazed!TheyEvenLookedAfterMyHouseboundMother... before we get any credible validation of that company.

Edited by StoneCircle

And also what I can't understand is why someone would want a complete stranger to post pictures of their children. Why would anybody want to do that, when you could potentially have all sorts of freaks ogling them... yes I have photos of my children on the weekend we have just had, with the camper van, but no I'm not about to let any old Tom Dick or Gary Glitter look at personal photos of my children... sorry, get your kicks elsewhere!

Edited by rischbrit