2012 Lineup

Guest Hart Attack

Anyone put any real thought into the other two nme headliners (besides the Maccabees)? Can see justice being there which would be a great shout, and after recently seeing them they would definitely be one of the best acts over the weekend. Also TDCC, but the courteeners IMO would be a lot better.

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone put any real thought into the other two nme headliners (besides the Maccabees)? Can see justice being there which would be a great shout, and after recently seeing them they would definitely be one of the best acts over the weekend. Also TDCC, but the courteeners IMO would be a lot better.

Are people really that bothered about knowing the headliners before the announcement? It really doesn't make a difference to me as I'm normally more interested in the undercard. But when tickets come out its just a simple 2 tab job, one for seetickets, one for the line-up.

Yes mate I do. But I think there is a difference between how influential they were as a band, and how much they are bothered about now, especially without Peter Hook, I agree with the guy below, if he was in the band, people would care. It's similar to Happy Mondays, without the full original, it wouldn't be the bigger thing it is now.

The Stone Roses are the same issue there as a bit at R&L. The majority of the crowd at V is 17 years old girls screaming for Ed Sheeran, while at R&L it's the same but not for Ed Sheeran. V is much more chav populated though, well from my experience.

The reason why if they would have to sub I have doubts they will play is cause as it's mentioned, the sub is quite often being watched to pass time for the headliner on, IMO, they'd use someone a lot more relevant to todays R&L festival crowd for a sub. Interpol played 3rd last year, it wasn't dark dark but wasn't exactly light

They're no more irrelevant to the modern R&L crowd than Pulp are I'd say. I'm sure most of the crowd knows Blue Monday, it seems to get played at every Indie night I go to, plus World In Motion, True Faith and Bizarre Love Triangle still get played fairly frequently on music channels. Then there's the Joy Division covers they do. It would be a great singalong :)

Watching footage of Interpol from both Reading and Leeds last year it would be too light for New Order's live show in that slot. They seem to be one of those bands, like Radiohead, The Prodigy and Kasabian, whose live performances depends on the light show they have.