2012 Lineup

Guest Hart Attack

I think he's saying that Soni France are announcing "2mora" and therefore whatever they announce should be taken as what Soni UK will announce.

there's a decent chance of that being true on the basis of what's happening previously, but it doesn't necessarily follow that that will always be the case.

And even if Soni have a deliberate policy of trying to make it the case, I think there's a lesser chance of it being true this year. Because Soni have by all accounts struggled to find their 3rd UK headliner this year, they might have had to take what was available and not what they'd like to do.

After all, music management is usually done by territory, so there might be already-in-place contractual reasons why the headliner they've got for one can't be the headliner they have for the others. The later the headliners have been found, the more likely this is to be the case.

For example, if (say) Soni France announces Green Day, it might be the case that Green Day's (supposed) September arena dates exclude them from being able to play Soni in the UK.

Everything will depend on contracts. Don't take the Soni France announcement as absolutely being the same as for the UK.

----------

All that aside, I'm of the belief (tho without solid info for it) that Soni France won't have Queen with Adam Lambert.

• Replies 16.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there's a decent chance of that being true on the basis of what's happening previously, but it doesn't necessarily follow that that will always be the case.

And even if Soni have a deliberate policy of trying to make it the case, I think there's a lesser chance of it being true this year. Because Soni have by all accounts struggled to find their 3rd UK headliner this year, they might have had to take what was available and not what they'd like to do.

After all, music management is usually done by territory, so there might be already-in-place contractual reasons why the headliner they've got for one can't be the headliner they have for the others. The later the headliners have been found, the more likely this is to be the case.

For example, if (say) Soni France announces Green Day, it might be the case that Green Day's (supposed) September arena dates exclude them from being able to play Soni in the UK.

Everything will depend on contracts. Don't take the Soni France announcement as absolutely being the same as for the UK.

----------

All that aside, I'm of the belief (tho without solid info for it) that Soni France won't have Queen with Adam Lambert.

Great little announcement from Download, five out of the six I like. Don't care for Opeth, haven't listened to that much Nightwish, and will have to miss Killswitch due to the Biffy clash, but will definitely be seeing Shinedown, NOFX and Black Veil Brides.

Trivium are getting kinda fucked over, pushed down to sixth on main now after previously being as high as third main/second stage headliner. What's up with that? Didn't think they'd lost a load of popularity...

Another guess;

MAIN

Green Day

Slipknot ???

No Dount

At The Drive In

Rancid

NME

The Maccabees

Bon Iver

Foster The People

Dance

Nero

FR Stage

Seasick Steve

MAIN

Kasabian

New Order

Kaiser Chiefs

Feeder

The Kooks

NME

Garbage

Funeral For A Friend

Frank Turner

Lock Up

Dropkick Murphys

FR Stage

Delphic

MAIN

Foo Fighters

Pixies

The Black Keys

Jack White

The Gaslight Anthem

NME

Chase & Status

Two Door Cinema Club

Metronomy

Lock Up

Less Than Jake

FR Stage

Scroobius Pip

Great little announcement from Download, five out of the six I like. Don't care for Opeth, haven't listened to that much Nightwish, and will have to miss Killswitch due to the Biffy clash, but will definitely be seeing Shinedown, NOFX and Black Veil Brides.

Trivium are getting kinda fucked over, pushed down to sixth on main now after previously being as high as third main/second stage headliner. What's up with that? Didn't think they'd lost a load of popularity...

Edited by Jacky Boy