2manyDJs

Guest Un Adepte Des Raconteurs

75 members have voted

1. 1. Where should they be playing?

• NME/R1 Stage headliners, as they are
    • Dance Stage headliners
    • Silent Arena or somewhere else

I'd say a lot of their gambles paid off. Gossip/Glasvegas was a mistake. But Manics didn't have a small crowd? FNM did, but then again noone bought tickets for them did they. Jane's will get a bigger crowd than them though because A) They were always more popular kinnda and B) Because they have actually been announced. Klaxons had a tiny crowd too come to think of it. I think it's a case of finding a decent line between quality of band and quantity of crowd. Pendulum will bring in number but are shite (lets face it), but a band like Jane's Addiction keeps older fans happier with a more credible act who won't really bring in epic crowds.

i think they are co-headlining with The Streets as both have logo's on the line up. The Streets would attract a simular crowd to Muse so i can see why they put 2 Many DJ's on last. Although The Streets are bigger they will get a bigger crowd 2nd from top and 2 Many DJ's makes sense for people who traditionally like to see a dance act to close Reading ( usually the dance tent on a sunday)

Alot of european festivals end the days with a dance act, although they are obviously after the headliners finished will into the night

Is it only me that thinks its going to be the same as 2002 where the streets are headlining but 2manydjs are playing after the bands have finished for a hour?

If you look at the poster The Streets have a full badge which tents to suggest their headlining.

I see it as 2200-2300 - The Streets 2300-0000 - 2manydjs

Is it only me that thinks its going to be the same as 2002 where the streets are headlining but 2manydjs are playing after the bands have finished for a hour?

If you look at the poster The Streets have a full badge which tents to suggest their headlining.

I see it as 2200-2300 - The Streets 2300-0000 - 2manydjs

Don't know, I really can't remember the arrangements last time. Either there's an extension for the tent only (less noise pollution than the main stage) or the timetable for the tent that day gets brought forward so they all start and finish earlier than normal (which in effect makes 2manydjs the headliners anyway, but this is based on what FR want to call them rather than what they are in reality).

Last time it happened in 02 2 Many DJs played in the headline slot but Feeder were billed as the headliners. This year I think 2 Many DJs are co headliners and will play in the headline slot same time as Muse.

perhaps theyre playing after hours to give the usual idiots who run around starting fires and burning stuff something to do until the early hours. would be cool to have somewhere to go after muse. but i imagine if they are on after, the tent would be rammed, mainly because its something else to do and not just go back to the campsite.

Aren't they increasing the capacity of the R1/NME stage this year?

Maybe to coincide with them expecting a massive crowd if 2manydjs did play after muse finished

Btw I don't think it'll happen but I'd love to see them but don't think I can miss an Origin of Symmetry heavy Muse set.

They wouldn't get a bigger tent just on the off chance one act will get a huge crowd. It'll have been brought in due to the massive overcrowding during Mumford and Sons and Pendulum last year. I would be very suprised if 2 Many DJs finish anytime after 11pm.