Alone to Glastonbury Festival 2011

Guest AnniAnni

Hi,

I always wanted to go to glastonbury, and now that I finally have a ticket, none of my friends could be bothered to make an account or to pay 200quid for the festival..:/ So basically I'm going alone now (female teenager). I think it's probably the worst thing to be to travel alone as a femal and a teenager..so wanted to ask if anyone else (female) is going alone? (I'm from Kent) would be lovely to join a group as I am quite scared to go alone :))

Anni x

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm female and travelled alone to the festival before now to meet up with family there. The thing is you are never alone cos throughout my journey (three different trains then the shuttle bus) there were people travelling to the festival too!!

As long as you are ok with train times and confident not to get confused over platforms etc ( that is if you are going by train) you'll be fine!

Edited by rischbrit

I may not be female, but first time I went I was 17 and on my own, and I had an ace time with no troubles. This was long before the days of the superfence too, when the festival was a little more 'wild'.

I did the Phoenix Festival by myself the year before too when I was only 16, and that was fine as well.

Go! You can meet people and have fun, or stay by yourself and have fun too, both are equally doable.

I too shall be flying solo in all probability, went last year with a group of about 10 and the most fun i had were the times when i wandered off for a few hours by myself, so i'm not at all worried, granted, i'm no teenager but i'm really looking forward to it, ppl are so nice and friendly that if you're in any trouble or need anything you can usually find someone to help out! dont worry, go, enjoy, live and be free... you will hugely regret it if you dont! :)

edit: Sp

Edited by MyTwistedWords

Lol i'v been waiting for that.

Yep Im not a young JBeeeeeeeeeber.. :ph34r:

But my teenage daughter seems to know all the shortcuts around the site.

She even knows where the badger is hiding down the old railway track.. :DB)

Edited by guypjfreak

As you can probably see I am no teenager but you will be fine. As others have said everybody there is friendly, or thats what I have found. I am 61 and met some teenagers last year and had a lovely chat for a few hours about music and stuff and then went our separate ways. You'll be fine. :D

As you can probably see I am no teenager but you will be fine. As others have said everybody there is friendly, or thats what I have found. I am 61 and met some teenagers last year and had a lovely chat for a few hours about music and stuff and then went our separate ways. You'll be fine. :D

I was part of a fairly large group last year, but there were loads of times they didn't want to see what I wanted to see, so I buggered off to check something out.

Always got chatting to people, it's a great atmosphere.

Agree with grumpyhack - friendliest festival around - you'll have a ball.

I'm in the same situation, I was the only person out of my friends to get a ticket so I'm going to pay off my deposit in April and hope some friends will get tickets on the re-sale but if not I'll be going solo.

So if anyone wants a drink, meet up or something drop me a line :) Coming from Suffolk!!

• 2 weeks later...

Same boat here. There were suppose to be 4 of us going, but due to finances, I am the only one going now. Went last year for the first time with a friend, but I am looking forward to just going where I want to go. The only time it might get boring is in the early hours when people are still partying, but I hope I might be able to camp with some other single people or with the efest guys. I'm sure they will stop it getting boring

Same boat here. There were suppose to be 4 of us going, but due to finances, I am the only one going now. Went last year for the first time with a friend, but I am looking forward to just going where I want to go. The only time it might get boring is in the early hours when people are still partying, but I hope I might be able to camp with some other single people or with the efest guys. I'm sure they will stop it getting boring

I'm female and also going alone, flying solo from more than 10 000km away to my first Glasto and honestly scared shit about winging it.....but if the forums are anything to go by, I think I'll survive!