Alone to Glastonbury Festival 2011

Guest AnniAnni

Also flying solo, but hey I am sure I wont be alone but crammed in somewhere hopefully amongst the CT. Never fear the unkown but gonna have fun no matter what may come. The biggest challenge will be my tent, even then that only takes mins to figure out. Looking forward to bumping into more solo's

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Awesome, looking forward to seeing you all at ! I'm no teenager, but am just 21, i met the lot at Bestival '09 and can't imagine camping without this lot (Glasto '10 was epic), i'm going with one of my housemates this year and made him meet some people so he wants to camp with us, success B)

Best thing about going alone is that you can set your own timetable! Make sure you get to pennard hill bright and early to get a spot, make some new friends and have a beer.

Well done to those of you flying solo. I have mostly been to festivals on my own or as the only "responsible :lol: " adult but always with the background contact of the efest camp or fellow efestivalers especially the old timers(most of them younger than me)/regulars. Get on a mobile phone list for the efest campsite for that wee bit of extra security and have fun.

I'm going in a big group but actually slightly envious of the people going solo. Think about it, no arguments about what bands you want to see, no pressure to stay up if you want to get to sleep early, no time wasting trying to find all your mates. You can meet a group of people easily and knock around with them and if you find them boring it's no issue to just fade off as you won't have to worry about seeing them again! Think I might do it myself sometime!!

I'm going in a big group but actually slightly envious of the people going solo. Think about it, no arguments about what bands you want to see, no pressure to stay up if you want to get to sleep early, no time wasting trying to find all your mates. You can meet a group of people easily and knock around with them and if you find them boring it's no issue to just fade off as you won't have to worry about seeing them again! Think I might do it myself sometime!!

Hi there,

I'll be travelling out alone as well. My main concern is that I won't be getting in until midday Thursday and I hear most of the campgrounds will be full by then. So i'm not quite sure what to do!

Anyhoo, I'm a 24(will be 25 by Glastonbury)year old, female, Canadian who's been living in London for the past year. Let me know if anyone's looking to buddy up or start a group!

Hi there,

I'll be travelling out alone as well. My main concern is that I won't be getting in until midday Thursday and I hear most of the campgrounds will be full by then. So i'm not quite sure what to do!

Anyhoo, I'm a 24(will be 25 by Glastonbury)year old, female, Canadian who's been living in London for the past year. Let me know if anyone's looking to buddy up or start a group!

Hi,

I always wanted to go to glastonbury, and now that I finally have a ticket, none of my friends could be bothered to make an account or to pay 200quid for the festival..:/ So basically I'm going alone now (female teenager). I think it's probably the worst thing to be to travel alone as a femal and a teenager..so wanted to ask if anyone else (female) is going alone? (I'm from Kent) would be lovely to join a group as I am quite scared to go alone :))

Anni x

I flew solo my first year in 2009 but since camping at I will never have to go to Glastonbury alone again, I've made so many amazing friends.

Oh and I'm 19 so there are younger ones amongst us!

Edited by Nyika

• 3 weeks later...

It is so good to hear that so many solo flyers are not worried about flying solo. Fingers crossed CT has a central gazebo zone for people to hang out at and get to know each other and then party together.

I'm going as a lone ranger as well...I hope to see some of you guys to camp with and chill out with. I'm looking forward to it, I'll be free as a bird for 5 days and no friends stopping you what you want to do.

If anyone wants beer, breakfast, tea, a meet up etc drop us a message :)

heeeey :)

I'm 17 and from kent! this will be my fourth glasto, i usually meet my older sister and brother there but wonder off by myself

I'd be happy to travel with you, but sadly i had to get a crap coach journey and festival ticket combined (N)

I'd happily travel home by coach with you?

So basically i have to collect my ticket from MANCHESTER!!!! :( lol... but yeaaah at least we're the lucky ones with tickets :) x