Alone to Glastonbury Festival 2011

Guest AnniAnni

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In 2009, I traveled by myself from California to England for Glastonbury. I stayed in , and had the best time I've ever had anywhere. I told all my friends, and many of them said they'd come with me from California this year.

So are they coming? No. I'm coming alone again. Except I won't be, because CT and the efesters are the best!

In 2009, I traveled by myself from California to England for Glastonbury. I stayed in , and had the best time I've ever had anywhere. I told all my friends, and many of them said they'd come with me from California this year.

So are they coming? No. I'm coming alone again. Except I won't be, because CT and the efesters are the best!

• 3 weeks later...

Also going alone! 21 year old girl from Bath. Been to glastonbury a few times but this will be the first time alone. sounds good, look forward to meeting some new people! Any other young people travelling alone feel free to get in contact!

Done the last two festivals alone and had a great time. Being by yourself means you can explore the site at your own pace, see the bands and shows that you want to see and eat where you want to

You will find lots of people to talk to during the weekend - often like minded people who like the same things you do, so you dont really get lonely

Only slight issue is if it's your first Glastonbury the size of the site can be a bit daunting when you first arrive, so it's good advice to do a bit of research as to where you would like to camp - some camping areas are noisier than others and a few can be a long walk from the main stages. Heading for the suggested sites on here is a good plan too

What ever you do have a great time!

PS any single millionaire ladies are welcome to say hello during the festival!

Hey people! I'm fee - just found out my friend can't join me this year, boo! I have received my ticket and will be going it alone! Anyone who wants to meet up then give me lots of messages! My e-mail addy is fee.graham@live.com so you can add me on facebook too!

Hope to hear from you's sooningly.

x

Hi Fee, welcome to eFests.

There's lots of people going on their own, if you want to camp with some friendly folk, there's a load of us camping at /index.php?showtopic=159169"> in Pennards, with quite a few people who are on their own (or solo ravers as we call them) camping with us.

I'm going alone too.... 21, female and never been to Glastonbury before!! My friend just pulled out today, so was a bit apprehensive about whether I should go, but definitely excited now that I've read so many positive comments about going it alone!! Can't wait :) Would be really nice to meet up with people as well. I'm from Surrey so if anyone is travelling there from this part of the country would be nice to have someone to go with! Definitely message me if you want to meet up or anything.

I'm going alone from Sheffield. Know people going but would be cool to meet new people. I'm 28 and hoping that I can do 4 days of gigs after having old age pain after 1 hour of Arctic Monkeys on Saturday! I'll prob be the one heard shouting Old Gregg all the time.

Hey everyone,

I know this guy who is going alone this year and is doing a 72 hour dance marathon throughout for charity! I know he could definitely use some friends to give him a bit of inspiration and take his mind off the challenge. None of his team could get tickets so we're a bit worried for his well being. Let us know if you want to meet up with him or see his crazy dancing on twitter @glastodancer or drop us a line through http://www.glastodancer.com.

Have a good'un :D

Lucy

Hey everyone,

I know this guy who is going alone this year and is doing a 72 hour dance marathon throughout for charity! I know he could definitely use some friends to give him a bit of inspiration and take his mind off the challenge. None of his team could get tickets so we're a bit worried for his well being. Let us know if you want to meet up with him or see his crazy dancing on twitter @glastodancer or drop us a line through http://www.glastodancer.com

Have a good'un :D

Lucy

all these kids going on their own for the first time...make sure you check out the thread here /index.php?showtopic=159169&st=0">

even if you cant find space right in the in pennards, it will be a good place of reference for people willing to meet people in similar situations.

im flying solo this year and looking forward to it. will be travelling from bristol on the train at 5 in the morning on wednesday (hopefully). I'm 21 (if it matters). Private message me if you want info or to meet up.

Edited by WEBBERdrum

• 3 weeks later...