WARNING! Malware attacks on this site!

Guest Beaver89

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My Norton antivirus blocked 2 simultanous attacks one called Phoenix Toolkit Download Request (originating from marillador.cz.cc) and Fake AV Webpage Request (from taborph.com/stats_js_e.phd?id=14743726) this was last night when I was on here. Both tried twice so I shut down. I have since has an genuine update from Adobe which I downloaded and have been fine since then.

Edited by StoneCircle

Another one by the Fake AV page has just occurred. I have installed Google Chrome as advised by Neil, (thanks for the tip! :) ) and both Google and Norton picked up on it.

Most impressed with Chrome as its fast and has a spell check, I am very pleased with it so far!! :lol:

If anyones getting a virus called System Tool then heres how to get rid of it:

1. Click the registration link on the programme that poses itself as anti-virus sofware.

2. Enter the follwoing registration code: WNDS-SODF5-GS5E0-FG145-2DF8G (If this one doesn't work then PM me and I'll give you more.

3. Click OK and allow the (fake) scan

4. Restart the PC when it's finished scanning.

I found this on a website and it worked for me!

1. Click the registration link on the programme that poses itself as anti-virus sofware.

2. Enter the follwoing registration code: WNDS-SODF5-GS5E0-FG145-2DF8G (If this one doesn't work then PM me and I'll give you more.

Edited by Ed209

Whoooaaahhhhh ... please DO NOT register the d@mn thing if you've unfortunately managed to get something unpleasant installed on your system - I'd put several million squid on it making matters infinitely worse than they already are, either immediately or in the not too distant future ! Same thing goes for paying the ransom demanded by it - highly unlikely to help in any way other than by reducing your bank balance and very much more likely to make matters infinitely worse for you.

You defo *NEED* to remove it sensibly as has been advised above. There's no real shortage of info on Mr.Google but be careful as I wouldn't mind betting that some sites claiming to provide info on how to remove it are just as likely to be dishing it or something equally unpleasant out if the purveyors of this cr@p have been good at their jobs. Be careful, only visit known and most likely to be trustworthy sites when following links and particularly so if a download of some kind is allegedly required.

Edited by mikeb

Just to recap on how i removed the malware, if you do happen to get infected then -

restart your computer and when windows starts up select the option to run it in safe mode with networking

open your internet window and connect

go to google and locate a free program called hitman pro 3.5

download and install, then if it gives you the option to look for updates then do it

once updated and install run the software.

depending on the size of your hard drives it may take 20 seconds or 20 minutes !

the malware will be removed and you can restart windows to get your system back.

I have nothing to do with the hitman software, just when i was infected i searched around and that was the soloution that was suggested. it worked first time without a problem. the software is free for the first 30 days and then you have the option to buy it if you want.

Just an update, I've now had four pc's with the same problem reported to me at work (non networked pc's)and all seem to work fine with a system restore. Also none of the people use efests so this appears to be a widespread problem.

Edited by psychology