Headliners?

Guest Roonwilldo

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really wouldn't take Michael Eavis's words at face value. He said last year he had all three headliners booked whereas Emily tweeted about a week ago that she had just booked the third. I think it's fairly safe the say that the 'three biggest bands in the world' comment was a spot of hyperbole and was at any rate based upon what the situation was last June.

Neil has been fairly certain for a while that Bouncy will play but not headline - I seem to recall that he had info from both of the Eavii which seemed to suggest this.

Let's start a fight.

I can't even comprehend how Bouncy (as lovely as she is to look at) could be considered to headline over Pulp (at Glastonbury - She's a sure-fire headliner for T4 on the beach or that free Radio 1 thing).

"I think it's fairly safe the say that the 'three biggest bands in the world' comment was a spot of hyperbole and was at any rate based upon what the situation was last June. "

^ This. I don't know why people take anything the Eavis's say about headliners at face value anymore. Remember last year when they said we would have acts from the 40 years of Glastonbury headlining the pyramid throughout the day and it would be one of the most amazing line-ups every to celebrate the 40th anniversary? And we ended up with Muse. In my opinion last year's event was saved by the weather - would have gone down as one of the worst if it had been a muddy one, ended up being one of the best...

Beyonce would be a letdown after all the talk of Prince.

Neil has been fairly certain for a while that Bouncy will play but not headline - I seem to recall that he had info from both of the Eavii which seemed to suggest this.

Holy Moly have got it right before.

Emily certainly said that the American woman that her dad had referred to was not a headliner.

I've had info recently (before today) which has told me that Beyonce is definitely playing (as some that post here can confirm cos I've passed it on to some people).

The stories in the Sun at the weekend were factually wrong, as I indicated in posts I made yesterday.

Damn those sources that ask me to hold stuff back. They've had me beaten to it again. :(

Hmmmm those three headliners seem exceedingly dull, I suppose Beyonce is a bit different though. I'll probably be at U2 but somewhere else for the others if this story is true.

At the moment I'm far more excited for Bestival with The Cure but as it is Glastonbury I shall reserve judgment for awhile.

Emily certainly said that the American woman that her dad had referred to was not a headliner.

I've had info recently (before today) which has told me that Beyonce is definitely playing (as some that post here can confirm cos I've passed it on to some people).

The stories in the Sun at the weekend were factually wrong, as I indicated in posts I made yesterday.

Damn those sources that ask me to hold stuff back. They've had me beaten to it again. :(

It would surprise me a lot if Beyonce actually headlined, rather than subbed or co-headlined, but I guess that's what makes Glastonbury so unpredictably great. Beats Kings of Leon or somebody of similar vein.

Just a pity they didn't go for somebody with a more interesting back catalogue. I'm half-wishing it was BEP now.

Yeah, its like - U2, well always been pretty much a dead cert anyway this year, and since they were announced to be playing the festival back in early 2010 its like the surprise is hardly there now anymore is it?

Coldplay - yep, no real surprise again, have headlined several times before.

Bouncy - Hmm.

Its like Eavis went, "One for the oldies: U2, one for the indies: Coldplay, and one for the kiddies: Beyonce. There you go Emily; see how easy this booking lark is!"

(yeah, yeah - I know he doesn't exclusively run Pyramid programming any more).