singles thread

ampersand

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

After about 7 years of inactivity I've finally got a date tomorrow evening. Long story but the gist of it is that this woman has said she's really into me. I think she's fab so maybe it could go somewhere. Not building my hopes up though as we're both hedonists and that could lead to disaster rather than a match made in heaven.

After about 7 years of inactivity I've finally got a date tomorrow evening. Long story but the gist of it is that this woman has said she's really into me. I think she's fab so maybe it could go somewhere. Not building my hopes up though as we're both hedonists and that could lead to disaster rather than a match made in heaven.

You have a date and you think the mutual pursuit of pleasure might be a bad thing? :)

Have fun on your date, and try to relax. :)

I take back everything i said about there being any feelings left for the ex. I think i was just upset over the breakup. I haven't missed him not even for one moment and the more i thought about our time together the more i realise it should have ended years ago.

I think the same about my ex and it should have ended 10 years sooner. However that would have robbed me of 3 of the kids.

Yeah well i still don't have any kids...ah well, i am happy where i am now so i have no regrets.

I think that may be a healthy attitude. I know for me it took a long time to accept that things had not been great. It really screwed me up with me blaming myself and guilt and the like. I do know that I wont make the same mistakes again.

I know this is really corny, but cliches are often cliches because they're true. I believe that our experiences are never wasted, if you can take something positive out of them. Even the bad stuff can make you stronger/better in some way, if you don't let it mess with your head.

Edited by feral chile

I know this is really corny, but cliches are often cliches because they're true. I believe that our experiences are never wasted, if you can take something positive out of them. Even the bad stuff can make you stronger/better in some way, if you don't let it mess with your head.

My problem was marrying the first woman I had a relationship with. I have droned on about the break up and what happened to the kids and I really needed help working my way through everything. You are right that even negative experiences can make you stronger, in fact an experience is only negative he you dont learn from it. However I do wonder what the cost has been and was it worth it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone, been a while! How are you all? What's the latest news?

Can't believe this thread is still here!

Just read through some of my old comments, some of them frankly embarassing!

Does anyone know how to delete posts?

You'll need to get Neil to delete the posts but you can just edit it them instead but if someone quoted you then it's stuck.

It's good to see you back, reminds me of the good ol' fun days of this thread of calling Ampersand & Pogo gay lovers and petty arguements.

Well, I'm happy to say that my new relationship is going from strength to strength. I didn't think I'd find happiness again after 7 years of being on my own.

Glad to hear it. I am trying to pluck the courage up to ask someone from work out. Every time I set my mind to it we are not on the same shift. When she is there I just can't be arsed.