ampersand

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True.

And that's because you denied it twice.

:rolleyes:

What the fuck are you on about man? You're a leech.

I've never once denied that I was fucked up over a woman. I admitted it everytime and said what was tantamount to 'so fucking what'? You read whatever you want to read man.....

yes, but when it's self deception...we do it all the time.

Self-deception? Self-deception about what? Caring for someone? Not knowing the nature of the relationship because it's been on and off 5 times already? Not knowing because even after having the police called, messages of love and devotion still head my way.

Christ, she's on about the possibility of coming to see Leeds festival with me now. Not all bonds are as straight-forward as convention would have us believe. How about that for self-awareness........

2.4, normal, everday, relationship-seeking, average, bland, safe, insecure mother fuckers! Go get fucking married.....

Edited by worm

Self-deception? Self-deception about what? Caring for someone? Not knowing the nature of the relationship because it's been on and off 5 times already? Not knowing because even after having the police called, messages of love and devotion still head my way.

Christ, she's on about the possibility of coming to see Leeds festival with me now. Not all bonds are as straight-forward as convention would have us believe. How about that for self-awareness........

2.4, normal, everday, relationship-seeking, average, bland, safe, insecure mother fuckers! Go get fucking married.....

Whoah! I wasn't suggesting you were deceiving yourself about this girl in particular, it was a more general comment. About lying to oneself/self deception in general.

What the fuck are you on about man? You're a leech.

leech? WTF? :lol:

What the fuck I'm on about is your statements of pretend concern for her, when what is really going on is that you the control freak hate being not the one in control.

Your expressed concern for her extends only as far as you think you need to take it to get back in control. And yet you know that you're being played with, and can't escape you having to chase her down.

But you don't chase, of course. You know your own mind. And any other bollocks you want to tell yourself to avoid facing the truth.

Sorry, my bad. Only you can accurately psychoanalyse. :lol:

Whoah! I wasn't suggesting you were deceiving yourself about this girl in particular, it was a more general comment. About lying to oneself/self deception in general.

I know. But the wrath was already there feral ma'dear.

In all matters of the self I refer to Nietzschean wisdom, in that 'even he who self-loathes, respects himself as one who loathes'. So if you can decieve yourself, then you believe that you are the greatest of all liars and there is no limit to your deceit. Such people are to be avoided. I can think of one or two I know.

What the fuck I'm on about is your statements of pretend concern for her, when what is really going on is that you the control freak hate being not the one in control.

You're confusing panic with pretend concern. And a control freak is never in control. A control freak has lost control. We all need a little reassurance.

unusually wise words from you, even if not all fully applicable.

They need a little in the way of application tho. :)

Well, given that you know nothing of the situation apart from my statements of panic and confusion, I'll decide whether they're applicable or not. As I stated previously, once we talked it properly, it's all cool. In fact, it's better than ever. My concern was that I was being taken for a ride. Turns out I wasn't. All good.

You forgot Volvo driving, ready salted, missionary, corn flake eating, Coldplay-listening, "Clarkson tells it like it is!" mother fuckers!

Well, given that you know nothing of the situation apart from my statements of panic and confusion, I'll decide whether they're applicable or not. As I stated previously, once we talked it properly, it's all cool. In fact, it's better than ever. My concern was that I was being taken for a ride. Turns out I wasn't. All good.

Good.

And this control thing neil's talking about - if anything gets to feel out of control, whether it's a situation or your own feelings - it's really scary.

wanting to get rid of that out of control feeling isn't the same as being a control freak, or domineering.

We all like to know what the score is with important things in our lives. Understanding is a way to bring that about.

We all like to know what the score is with important things in our lives. Understanding is a way to bring that about.

True.

Tho a person doesn't get that understanding by presenting a version of things for how they can handle it being rather than how it is, nor from any feedback they get from that version.

That's merely the diversion they need until they're ready to face what they already understand.

True.

Tho a person doesn't get that understanding by presenting a version of things for how they can handle it being rather than how it is, nor from any feedback they get from that version.

That's merely the diversion they need until they're ready to face what they already understand.

i don't think it's for anyone to doubt the version they present though.

i don't think it's for anyone to doubt the version they present though.

you what? :lol:

If you don't ever, then you're the first person in history not to.

And surely some of what you see you've seen before, which - if honesty allows - ends in an admission?

Hey, maybe I'm wrong. I only have snippets to go on after all. But i've seen it hundreds of times before.