Arcade Fire?!

Guest KatiePC

• Replies 346
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The rumours move so much just to return back to where we are :lol:

while it's back to where it was, my personal take on things is that AF look more likely today to be playing Glastonbury than they did a week ago.

Unfortunately, all there is really to work from is a guess from what the band have said - so make your own guess, and you stand as much chance of being right as anyone else. :lol:

while it's back to where it was, my personal take on things is that AF look more likely today to be playing Glastonbury than they did a week ago.

Unfortunately, all there is really to work from is a guess from what the band have said - so make your own guess, and you stand as much chance of being right as anyone else. :lol:

If they are playing they've made it clear they aren't headlining. In that comment didn't they say "there are bigger bands". Would this be more evidence Beyonce isn't playing?

It depends if you think that Beyonce is headlining.

From various bits and pieces we've heard at eFestivals, we don't think that Beyonce is headlining but we do think it's very likely that she'll be there - but some of those bits and pieces are a few months old, so while the original plan might have been for her to play under the headliner things might have changed since for any number of reasons, which has seen her elevated to be headliner.

Aren't there issues around artists playing one of these Hyde Park/Wireless gigs and headlining other festivals? I'm told that this is why Jay Z subbed at T In The Park Last Year i.e contractual reasons with promoters that said he couldn't headline another festival. Just wondering if this is the same position Arcade Fire find themselves in. But yeah, as has already been said I would think if they are doing it, they'd want to keep it very tight indeed given they've got a LOT of tickets to sell at over £50 a pop. Saying that less risk with Glastonbury than if they're headlining T given all Glastonbury tickets are sold out.

Aren't there issues around artists playing one of these Hyde Park/Wireless gigs and headlining other festivals? I'm told that this is why Jay Z subbed at T In The Park Last Year i.e contractual reasons with promoters that said he couldn't headline another festival. Just wondering if this is the same position Arcade Fire find themselves in. But yeah, as has already been said I would think if they are doing it, they'd want to keep it very tight indeed given they've got a LOT of tickets to sell at over £50 a pop. Saying that less risk with Glastonbury than if they're headlining T given all Glastonbury tickets are sold out.

it's only difficult if the act signs a contract that limits their appearances elsewhere. Ultimately, the band is in control of what they do, tho the money on offer to them might well be less if they're demanding the freedom to play other shows elsewhere.

So it might be the case that Arcade Fire have signed a contract for the Hyde Park show which stops them playing at Glastonbury, or they might not have.

(Having said that, Glastonbury is different and doesn't mind their headliners playing elsewhere if they want to. Emily told me of a phone call she took from Jay-Z [or 'his people'] the year he was headlining, asking if Glastonbury had a problem with him booking other UK shows. She told him to book whatever he wanted).

before someone asks about why, after 24 hours consideration - and in part because 6music seem to be pushing the idea that they might well be at Glasto - I've push AF back to where I'd put them for a while yesterday, as a strong rumour.

But of I had something that was between 'rumour' and 'strong rumour', that's where I'd really like to put them.

before someone asks about why, after 24 hours consideration - and in part because 6music seem to be pushing the idea that they might well be at Glasto - I've push AF back to where I'd put them for a while yesterday, as a strong rumour.

But of I had something that was between 'rumour' and 'strong rumour', that's where I'd really like to put them.

Yeah, 'I think there's a lot of much huger bands than us that are going to be in there, so I'm not sure' is what Win told 6music, definitely seems to refer to headlining glastonbury rather than whether they're playing glastonbury or not.

Looking at Hyde Park tickets but while they're one of my favourite bands, I'm still not sure whether I want to pay £50 for a band that I would have seen a week before, needless to say its driving me mad wondering what to do and presumably 50/60,000 tickets will take a while to sell out if at all, so I'm hoping I can wait to see whether they play glastonbury or not.

Edited by ollyh