Take That? reply from Emily

Guest garethslee

not quite as bad as having tickets, breaking up with the girlfriend the week before, going but getting absolutely trollied cos you're not in the right place, and then forgetting that most of it happened :P

wembley for me though this time i think :D

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 or 9?

glasgow, newcastle, manchester, birmingham, cardiff, london...

suppose based on last time, and with robbie, they could easily get away with about 6 or 7 london shows though. they did europe on the beautiful world tour so wish they'd go back. london for me though cos hampden is shite!

nah, but not cos of the city, just cos of the shitness of the stadium. which makes a difference when you look at vids of the hampden show and the wembley show.

yeah i think they played sunderland actually, rather than newcastle. just think that 6 or 7 wembley shows isn't unlikely going with the 58 shows.

i wish i had someone from corrie beside me :P was was it?

As many of pointed out countless times, if Glasto was only full of the coolest bands of the land, it would be a nightmare with so many stages of acts you love playing at exactly the same time.

For me Glasto works so well because of how diverse it is, and there's nothing better than having a stroll around site taking a few songs from different stages that would never share the same space on any other day of the week.

For me the Take That tour is all about money just like the majority of reunion gigs, Robbie and Gary may produce a video of brokeback proportions to convince the masses but it's quite clear by the look on Garys face in any interview he finds him as annoying as ever.

However they will put on a good show and there are bloody loads of other stages playing stuff at exactly the same time so nobody is going to get bored.

The only tragedy would be if Glasto stopped being diverse, last year Norah Jones opened for Slash on the Pyramid Stage and little things like that is why I love Glastonbury.

Crazy shit, some good, some not so good all playing at the same time, 5 days of forgetting what the media say you should like and soak up the biggest Smörgåsbord of music and contemporary arts under the stars. Peace!

Edited by Grateful Ghoul

For me the Take That tour is all about money just like the majority of reunion gigs, Robbie and Gary may produce a video of brokeback proportions to convince the masses but it's quite clear by the look on Garys face in any interview he finds him as annoying as ever.

Edited by ampersand

Much as I can't f**king stand Take That, seems strange to single them out for being in it for the cash. Show me any reunion tour, from Blur to the Pixies to Pavement, it's all about the pound notes. You'd be a fool to think otherwise.