Take That? reply from Emily

Guest garethslee

I don't have an issue with the cost as realise they are not doing it for their own fun and have to make a profit. I'd imagine the cost breakdown you have done tho would be lessened slightly by automated machines doing the actual donkey work of filling the envelopes. In terms of new start ups failing is that not down to the virtual monopoly see and ticketmaster have with major venues and festivals so newer companies don't have access to the larger events?

Feel free to slate me if I'm completely wide of the mark!!

Any machines they might use also costs money, so there's still a cost for those things to be done regardless of whether done by machines or humans. Tho going by the errors that happen, I'd guess it's done by humans, for the Glasto tickets at least.

As for monopolies, some of the companies that have failed in the last few years have had a monopoly on at least some of the ticket they've handled, so it's something that's working in all directions not just for the likes of See and TM. All the same, I'd guess that getting tickets to sell on has been a part of it for those failures. But all the same, it's still not the free money for those big operators that gets wrongly assumed.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic