ABBA

Guest ben.illsley

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Over Bjorn's dead body. Hes more against an Abba reunion than Morrissey is against a Smiths reunion.

I'm not sure that's right - I thought it was the blonde woman* who was stopping it happening; she's basically a hermit.

(* just to confuse things, the dark haired one is now blonde ;))

I just can't see it happening - they've turned down offers more than once of £1Bn or more to reform, so I can't see them doing Glasto for a small fee.

There have been rumours flying around for the last couple of months tho that a reunion is now lookintg more likely - it's something to do with the blonde having lost all her money to a conman or something, ewhich is making people think she might now be interested in the money on offer.

But this whole story has come about because a bookie is offering odds on them playing Glasto - but with those odds being 33-1, that bookie doesn't really think it's happening.

And nor do I!

I'm not sure that's right - I thought it was the blonde woman* who was stopping it happening; she's basically a hermit.

(* just to confuse things, the dark haired one is now blonde ;))

I just can't see it happening - they've turned down offers more than once of £1Bn or more to reform, so I can't see them doing Glasto for a small fee.

There have been rumours flying around for the last couple of months tho that a reunion is now lookintg more likely - it's something to do with the blonde having lost all her money to a conman or something, ewhich is making people think she might now be interested in the money on offer.

But this whole story has come about because a bookie is offering odds on them playing Glasto - but with those odds being 33-1, that bookie doesn't really think it's happening.

And nor do I!

yeah that's what i was thinking. that's longer odds than spurs to win the league, and we all know that's not happening either.

apparently they gave similar odds before take that got robbie back so who knows.

i've shoved 6 quid on it anyway. it'll pay for a festival ticket at least if it happens. and it's the cost of few beers if not.

Haven't you noticed; The year ends in "1" - I've got a tenner on Spurs to win League and Champs League double - I get over £10k back if it comes off!!!

Honestly, I think Spurs at 20/1 are much more than twice as likely to win the league than ABBA are to play Glastonbury this year, making 33/1 seem like very poor odds (or 20/1 on Spurs very good odds - you decide!).

2001 (along with 1911 and 1931 (1941 doesn't count - war and all that)) was a minor aberration.

just as this year will be too.

It's still an impressive record.

if you call winning something only every ten years "impressive", I guess it is. :lol:

And of course if you call winning the less wanted trophies "impressive" too. :lol::lol:

And 'Arry isn't alowwed anywhere near the money so he can't bankrupt us!

for someone who's not allowed near the money he'd done an impressive job so far of turning them from profit into a money-losing club. :lol::lol:

Simple fact is that he wasn't allowed near the money at Pompey or Soton either, but he still managed to drain them dry and more with the deals that he struck.

The difference now is that Spurs seem to have unlimited funds. I seriously doubt he can bankrupt them as their backers would simply shove more money in.

It's just a singular backer - Joe Lewis. He's worth about £2Bn, but about £2Bn less than he was 4 years ago (he was one of the huge losers on Bear Sterns, Lehmans & AIG).

But he's not actually pumped much money into Spurs, outside of buying them in the first place - they've been trading at a profit for the last ten-ish years, tho it's not taken 'Arry very long to turn that into a loss. ;)