• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eFestivals

• The Nal

• TheGayTent

• ampersand

is he not comparing that more with carroll?

30m for carroll is just insane. i dunno which is worse, liverpool offering it or newcastle rejecting it!

I agree, it's stupid money, and I don't see him as a striker that's deserving of that price.

Spurs have supposedly made a bid for him at £23M (or perhaps more, dependent what you read) in the last few days, and I think even that is much too much.

That's because he isn't. The guy isn't even worth 10. Can someone show me what he's done exactly to merit this kind of bid, besides score one wonder goal? Is there some kind of divine potential I'm overlooking because of my red and white scarf or what?

Well, I'd say that your red and white scarf is tied around your eyes, at least a bit. :P

He's a difficult one to put a price on cos his prem experience is limited, but at the same time he looks a decent enough prospect and because he's only 21 anyone that buys him is likely to see their money back later (as long as they don't pay a stupid price) if he lives up to his potential.

And on that basis I'd say he's easily worth more than £10M, tho certainly not as much as £20M.

11 goals in 19 appearances, and 6 assists in a mediocre Newcastle team. Only 4 players this season have contributed more in terms of goals this season, Berbatov, Tevez, Drogba and Nani, all playing for the top teams. Add to that the type of goals he is scoring; headers, neat finishes, long range, left and right foot. In todays market, he is easily worth 15-20 million to any team, but to Newcastle he is worth much more because we base our entire style of play around him, playing Barton on the right wing for example.

Slightly surprised Ashley hasn't accepted £30 million for him, but its a sign of intent. Newcastle couldn't replace him anyway, and selling him now could really disrupt the squad.

He's a difficult one to put a price on cos his prem experience is limited, but at the same time he looks a decent enough prospect and because he's only 21 anyone that buys him is likely to see their money back later (as long as they don't pay a stupid price) if he lives up to his potential.

Yes, I get all that.

What I'm asking for is some evidence to show that this 21 year old has the potential to become the same callibre of player as Alan Shearer et al. So far, he's done nothing but score a freak wonder goal and a couple of headers. He's a Niall Quinn in the making, not an Alan Shearer and that's me being very kind.

:D Great signing. We've needed a decent left back for 12 months now, but to land a proven premier league one is excellent. I really fancy us for a good shot at promotion now.

Not too dissapoined about the cup defeat yesterday. We had a few chances in the closing minutes but West Ham edged it. Better to focus on the league this year, especially in the coming months with so many games. Great day for Notts County though, so close to a fantastic upset. My brother (a City fan) was not at all happy. :lol:

On a side note, Newcastle are mental to turn down £30m for Carroll. :lol: He's been great for them but £30m is a stupid amount of money.

Aguero just signed a new contract, sorry 'Arry.

And heres Torres leaving Melwood, in a car that isn't in any way a helicopter.

Fernando-Torres-arrives-f-007.jpg

PMSL ... there's a lot of bullshit flying around. :lol:

I'm guessing from that pic that he's driving himself, and from that I'd also guess he's not on his way to London ... that is, of course, if this pic is genuine.

I'll tell you what's making me really happy right now. On transfer deadline day, traditionally reserved for rumour, counter rumour, and player and agent self-interest of the very worst kind, the Watford Observer has seen fit to lead with this.

If that's the biggest story between now and midnight, I'll go to bed a happy man. :)

EDIT

*touch wood* of course: being a smug git seldom pays off.

Edited by beLIEveR