How much Cash to a take?

Guest Dirty_Dave

I'm taking my own booze to last the duration, and a spot of food for the first couple of days then will sample the delights of the exotic food stalls, and dont plan to buy many things like blankets etc....

Therefore just wondering how much cash i should take with me for Wed-Mon, and are there ATM's on site should one require a bit more to buy that hippy festival fleece i've always after??

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Dirty_Dave

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I spent about £200 last year and like you i took a bit off food/drink, most of the cash went on the markets.

yes there are ATMs, dotted around which you can see on the site map but beware as im led to believe the cues can be lengthy and time consuming.

I'm taking my own booze to last the duration, and a spot of food for the first couple of days then will sample the delights of the exotic food stalls, and dont plan to buy many things like blankets etc....

Therefore just wondering how much cash i should take with me for Wed-Mon, and are there ATM's on site should one require a bit more to buy that hippy festival fleece i've always after??

Thanks in advance!

I've done it on £50 before by taking all my own food and booze but a tenner a day isn't really enough after one hot meal and a pint, and I always want to buy things from the stalls too! Don't want to be scrimping this year so I'm taking £200 - £40 a day will be fine as I'll still be taking campsite food and booze with me - just means I can buy stuff I like when I see it, rather than "I'll come back on Sunday if I've still got any money!!"

usually bring £200, last year driving a camperan and the traffic cost a fortune in petrol.

Actually in there if you have a good stash of booze with you its pretty easy to do it with £20 per day.

Say you get 2 decent size scrans a day thats about £15. I tend to brind plenty of booze but buy a few nice cold pints in the days.

Not buying crap usually helps as well!

A few years i've brought £200 and came home with £100 more or less.

Thanks in advance!

How much Cash to take?

I reckon I'll take Live at Folsom Prison, and perhaps American II, but I'll leave them in the car.

(Last year, took £300, had £100 left at the end)

Edited by ukslim

I don't get paid til the Monday we all go home... grrr, quite annoying timing :O

Even taking my own alcohol, I found that £20per day is tight, and it means really shopping around for cheaper food and sometimes missing out on the more interesting delights.

I'm going to aim for £25 per day this year, but have enough available for £30per day.

The cashpoint queues were much better last year, and there was a lock up near the cashpoints I used - so I recommend putting your cashcard in the lock up and getting it out to go to the cashpoint - this helps with keeping the spending down too!

We take plenty of alcohol and enough food to do a cooked breakfast each morning. We don't do non-alcoholic drugs so thats not an extra expense to consider!

We have a proper meal from one of the decent stalls like Square Pie or Yam the Casava at tea time(£6-7 but so much better than paying £3-4 for ruubbish and needing something else an hour later), and buy a few pints over the course of the day. I always have some good strong rum on me, but the Brothers and Burrow Hill are Glastonbury specials that you have to partake in.

Like Rolf, I usually take £200 and come back with about half of it. Last year I broke my own record and only spent £80! I don't scrimp - I have the money there to spend, and yet somehow i don't!

I budget £50 a day plus extra £50 on day of arrival and day of departure. This covers food and booze from the bars (we also take enough booze to sink a flotilla) and any nick-nacks or trinkets/pressies I want to get (normally get some item of clothing or camping gear), plus money for (looks around for signs of police) you-know-what, just-in-case.

I did it on £100 last year, but had plenty of my own booze, plus it was my stag weekend so got quite a few pints bought for me.

Its mine and the missus' honeymoon this year and are taking £400 between us, still taking plenty of our own booze but just want to be able to try the really good food stalls in Jazz world and try some of the cocktails and bourbons ect in bourbon street.

We take plenty of alcohol and enough food to do a cooked breakfast each morning. We don't do non-alcoholic drugs so thats not an extra expense to consider!

We have a proper meal from one of the decent stalls like Square Pie or Yam the Casava at tea time(£6-7 but so much better than paying £3-4 for ruubbish and needing something else an hour later), and buy a few pints over the course of the day. I always have some good strong rum on me, but the Brothers and Burrow Hill are Glastonbury specials that you have to partake in.

Like Rolf, I usually take £200 and come back with about half of it. Last year I broke my own record and only spent £80! I don't scrimp - I have the money there to spend, and yet somehow i don't!

£300 smackers!!! Jebus! that could blow my budget......oh well its my first time, so i dont mind, just wont tell the mrs who is staying at home.....

Chris when i think about it soon adds up:

Ticket - £200

Pre-purchases - £100 - £200 (tent, food, booze and stuff)

spending money - £200+

Petrol - ???

oh well its only cash! :blink: