Went to the shops and I bought?

Guest NED KELLY

Space balnket for keeping cool

lilo for sleeping on

sleeping mat to put on the lilo (lilos get too sticky in the night)

eye mask

eye plugs

big ear defenders

cheap umbrella (for shade!)

stool

rucksack that folds to nothing

duct tape (can never have too much duct tape)

cheapo ladies shopping bike - to ferry all my crap from the car and ride around on

plastic mirror

inflatable pillow

set of these fairy lights: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.6483 - wrap yourself in them at night look wicked, or put on non-flashing mode and can see inside your tent (stick to roof with duct tape, works even better if you have the space blanket tuck to roof too!

All ready go from ages before, but i always bring:

Solar shower - as long as there is a bit of sun these are great, worst comes to worst just fill at night and by lunch will be mild - great having a shower

Fold down water carrier - like having water in my tent, brush teeth, drink at night, wash hands etc

fork and spoon and mug

mini swedish stove for making tea and coffee in morning - often leave this in the car, but great if it gets cold/wet over the festival (and having a bike means getting too/from car park is a piece of piss)

disposable paper boiler suits - I think they look wicked... and bought a job lot a few years back. A glasto staple for me...

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't bought anything interesting, shiny or new for Glasto or any festival in absolutely donkey's years. Virtually everything I have/need is all several decades old and the same ancient but totally dependable stuff year after year after year does just fine for me. I don't take booze/food either so nothing to buy there. In fact I think the only thing that does occasionally have to be procured is a new pack of el-cheapo baby wipes because what's left of the old ones have finally dried up !

However, I do have a couple of these fine looking 10oz stainless hip flasks currently winging their way to me from China mind you :P

hip%20flask.jpg

Not specifically for Glasto it has to be said although I will be taking one for a test drive. And not being used for the intended purpose either as they will be filled with meths ! That should certainly give any scumbags various a nasty shock if they nick it thinking it might be something nice :P

Edited by mikeb

Am a Glasto virgin so have brought lots of new stuff.......

3 man tent (just for me)

Matching wellies and Waterproof jacket (not that im gonna have to use them as it's gonna be HOT!!)

65ltr Backpack

Foldable Camping Chair

Hip bag / purse (from eBay)

Sleeping Pod (Extra large sleeping bag)

Wind up lantern

Am buying the rest of the stuff this weekend with my final pay before the big event......

Windbreak, Waterproof backed blanket, small torch (for finding tent on way back) duct tape, portable phone charger, batteries, wet wipes, deodrant, dry shampoo, several painklillers/immodium, several packs of small tissues, binliners........

Thats all I can think of at the mo... any more suggestions??

Oh and Ive got my Ticket already Woop Woop only 29 days!!!!!!!! :P

My most recent purchase was a portable mobile phone charger, no need to mess about changing batteries anymore, just charge whilst on the go!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Ted-Baker-Portable-C...=item45f30b5f85

Got the Bud deal mentioned in Tesco so more a less sorted! Also found some nifty little 18ml wine pouches (Capri Sun sized) at 2 for £3.00 in Tesco too - these will also be good to smuggle into festivals with Arenas!

I cannot wait! :P

i have new wellies and a pink cagoule (which will be proven to be a total waste of money when it's blazing sun all weekend), 24 cans of strongbow, babywipes, tea tree face wipes, sunblock, aftersun and muesli bars so far.

i bought a camping chair, sleeping mat and sleeping bag at last year's fest and they're all fine for another year.

to be honest, a couple of litres of spirits and i'm good to go now.

I love this thread gets me all excited again!!

just working out what to get tonight, no food or drink being purchased yet (will eat/drink it if its in the house cause am a pig). Just bits and pieces, going to all the good shops like poundland and poundworld will let you all know my finds :P

Seen argos have pop up tents half price 15 pound so thinking this will do as my base camp, never like shopping but this is different, also go outdoors have berghaus jackets reduced from 100 to 40, could be a wise purchase

Best get this shower ordered aswell, can see not much getting down at work today :P

acrylic paint - how good is that stuff? Ive always thought about customising my wellyboots but have been a bit concerned that it might all come off in the mud, rendering all my hardwork pointless.....

really good last year bought a toilet tent and hung the shower up, nice to get a bit clean before it all starts. The electric showers are only around 20, battery or cig light powered. Look good and thought for 20 notes might aswell give it a go.

One thing you might want is a duck board, gets muddy fast if a few of yous are showing in the same place. Jesus am getting old showering, next thing will be a toilet. I fear am turning into a festival snob

Oh I love threads like these!! :P

So far I have bought:

wigs & wig caps for me & husband for the Thursday

solar lights to go on our flag pole

collapsible bucket to wash in

new tent

Still to buy:

stuff from Boots eg wet wipes, sun cream

foody bits (do the week before)

vodka & sweets for flavoured vodka

custom printed t-shirts

That really should be it as I go camping all the time & to Glastonbury most years but somehow I still manage to find things to buy every year! :P

lol, true true - bare in mine that all of that weighs next to nowt and fits in a small carrier bag... sounds a lot but all light stuff. Plus thats about it i take, bit of booze, add a tent, barely any clothes...

:P

Ever heard the expression "travel light"?! I took a fraction of this last year and will be taking less this time!

So far, I've bought:

A wind up LED torch keyring (£3 at Maplin - very small)

A new small packing lightweight sleeping bag

A new beanie hat

New waterproof hiking boots (well, newish, got them in October to break them in a bit)

Don't think I need anything else. Pretty much set. Oh, apart from a new (second hand/eBay'd) tuxedo jacket for Posh Friday.

New tent yesterday (although to be fair it was a swap for a half-made Eurohike that they didn't bother to finish off in the factory!).

Today I bought some Charles Worthington dry shampoo & leave-in conditioner as it was on 2 for £6 in Tesco.

Oh & bottles of water & capri suns!

And a rucksack - £15 from Millets for a 65L.

Edited by cjc3001

Right done some shopping over the last two nights spent loads in poundworld and other shops, this is some of what I have bought:

Electric Camping Shower

4 x Cases Weston Cider

2 litres of Vodka (currently making foxes mint, d&b, fruit drops vodka :P

1 box of red wine

1 litre of jack daniels

2 picnic blankets

dry shampoo

tissues

wet wipes

batteries

food, crisps, pop and chocolate

Water Porters