Worldcup Footie, Pyramid and The Park

Guest Staberinde

Emliy Eavis confirmed that the Wednesday game will be shown live at the pyramid stage.

Then went on to add that the Saturday or Sunday matches will be shown on giant screens in The Park area. Details of which are still being sorted now.

Not being a football fan myself, did she mean there will be a matches played on Saturday and on Sunday, or did she not know if there was one match on Sat or Sun ?

Giant Screens at The Park!!! sends like a great place to hang out.

Also, there will be 6 3d films shown this year

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Emliy Eavis confirmed that the Wednesday game will be shown live at the pyramid stage.

Then went on to add that the Saturday or Sunday matches will be shown on giant screens in The Park area. Details of which are still being sorted now.

Not being a football fan myself, did she mean there will be a matches played on Saturday and on Sunday, or did she not know if there was one match on Sat or Sun ?

Giant Screens at The Park!!! sends like a great place to hang out.

Also, there will be 6 3d films shown this year

and that it "should" be better than being in SA (maybe less chance of being mugged?)

she's probably said that on the basis of the last Euro's, when there was a bigger crowd at Glastonbury to watch one of the matches than there was in the stadium where the game was played or anywhere else in the world.

she's probably said that on the basis of the last Euro's, when there was a bigger crowd at Glastonbury to watch one of the matches than there was in the stadium where the game was played or anywhere else in the world.

Suits me. Means we should be able to get right to the front for The Cribs, then wonder up to The Park to watch the sun go down and England go through in extra time against the Germans.

Sounds like a great way to spend a few hours on a sunny summer's evening.

The big loser in all this is Shakira. Although probably best for the sake of my (still very new) marriage that I dont go to see her.

As a Welshman I have little interest in the World Cup, and was hoping for a nice Saturday at the park!

I therefore hope that they find somewhere else to show it! I reckon if they didn't then the Park would be pretty much a no go area from Saturday late afternoon as it'd be starting to get rammed.

I was/am really hoping there's a screen somewhere showing lots of games, not just the English ones, I'd love to sit back, relax and watch 45 mins of PDRK vs Slovakia or something if there's nothing on the stages that takes my fancy. Seems a bit Anglocentric to only show the England games. Not very Internationalist is it?